Need advice on hardwood flooring
16chris
We plan to replace the carpeting in our three upstairs bedrooms with either hardwood or engineered wood. Bearing in mind that we plan to remain in this house for about five more years, I would like to ensure that this renovation will be an asset when we sell. I'd love some advice on whether we should do all three rooms in the same hardwood/color?
Ironwood Builders
Hard to say if the return on investment will be there in 5 years, certainly not breakeven. Factoring in 5 years of enjoyment? If there is a 50% return, it should be worth it. Hardwoods tend to be loved by most here on house, a predominant number of questions have to do with flooring and cabinets, so it will be an asset. As for all three rooms...what happens in the hall? The stairs? I recommend the same treatment throughout for a unifying look. What is on the main level? How do you imagine the transition from lower level to upper will come about?
0 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 10:04PM
16chris
The house is about 19 years old, about 2700 sf two storey (no basement). Main floor is open plan, and has tile in the entry, hallway, main floor office, powder room and laundry, and also in the kitchen. Carpet in the great room and living/dining room, and also up the stairs and in the upstairs hallway. We have two large dogs, and I know from our experience with wood floors in the kitchen that it would not hold up in the high traffic areas. I know we won't get a full return on the investment, we definitely would do it for ourselves, but have been reading that home buyers these days really prefer wood floors. Thanks for the thoughtful response; I'm wondering if I need to rethink this; perhaps a master bedroom remodel with wood flooring, but carpet the other two upstairs bedrooms?
0 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 11:13PM
need advice on how to live with hardwood floors throughout house.
I am buying a house with beautiful dark oak hardwoods...
brendabdfrd
I need some advice on hardwood flooring.
We are adding on to our house and would like to use...
cbuntz
Need advice on transitioning 2different types of hardwood flooring in
We have honey maple 2inch hardwood flooring throughout...
iriname
Need advice on hardwood floors
I have an open floor plan for living, dining and kitchen...
finn59
Need advice on how to best clean hardwood floors.
We have engineered oak hardwood floors with a dark...
timsan
how to keep down dust in my renovations?
Does any one have any advice as we are living in through...
deezerdee
Trying to update this kitchen to not look so Mediterranean/tradition (
Any ideas to make this kitchen more transitional instead...
erica320
will this ceiling molding make my ceilings appear taller?
I have 92"-93" ceilings. I have simple crown molding...
ayeymg
Need help with bathroom wall color
We just redid our bathroom and don't know what color...
bspearson
What style is this home?
Just purchased this home, needs updating .Possible...
Renee Robinson