Cream marble dining table, what buffet cabinet should I get?
champagne4lulu
We have just sold our dining set, buffet and display cabinet from pic one. We have just purchased the cream/ off white marble dining table in pic two. It really is an off white and has a brushed stainless steel base. We will have the ghost chairs (clear) as you can see in the pic. I am struggling to decide on what sort of buffet to get. They will be in close proximity to each other. White laminate is out - its far too stark to be next to the table - the difference is considerable. Timber or black is just too heavy and dark. The space is not large and quite dark (hence why we have gone for lighter furniture).

The best I've come up with is a mirror buffet, but with two small children, it would be trashed in mere minutes.

So I've been looking at the buffets in pics three and four. Both are white timber with mirrored sides and top and insets on cupboards. I like these a lot, but the dining table and rest of the house is quite modern and these seem more hamptons. I've looked at so many pics, buffets, tables etc that I've totally confused myself. I need a fresh set of eyes and a few opinions. Does this go? Is there something else I haven't considered? What would you do?

Thanks :))
Will you have a carpet below? If it is large enough you could add a faded or weathered wood cabinet. It would contrast nicely in texture but not fight for colour!
2 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 3:25AM
champagne4lulu
At this stage, no carpet. I want to see how the table looks when it arrives in a few weeks. It's not a big space so I don't want to overcrowd it. I was looking at whitewash cabinets today, but they just seem more rustic than modern which in my mind just contradicts the modern too much. Like I said, I'm confusing myself so much!! I think I'm at a point where I have no idea anymore! Haha!
1 Like   February 17, 2013 at 3:29AM
champagne4lulu
Any other opinions? :)
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 12:06PM
Been thinking.... Given your modern take: Starck chairs, cream marble, how about a cream gloss lacquered buffet? I think i t could work quite well. I have seen them but cannot post for you from iPad ( techno phone) will research and post pictures.
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 1:37PM
champagne4lulu
Yes that would work but I've not seen them here in Australia. That's why I thought that buffet may work because at least I could paint the white in that. But not sure if the styles go iykwim!
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 1:58PM
rnmsnfnp
Could you consider other brushed stainless cabinets up-right or on sides? Such as lockers, garage cupboards or industrial shelving.
0 Likes   February 17, 2013 at 2:01PM
champagne4lulu
Well the old table has gone and the new one has arrived. Buffet cabinet goes tonight and we still haven't chosen a new one.

Not sure about the locker idea. I do like them but I don't know if it would suit this. Siiiiggghhhh. So hard!!
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 8:44PM
Melanie Hon
Seeing as your room is small... have you considered NO buffet? Of all the pictures I found on Houzz for dining rooms with clear chairs, not one had a buffet. Then the table can be closer to the wall and more in the "dining space". Hard to tell by this picture but there seems to be a beam in the ceiling that divides the space. With the money you save, go for a nice colourful piece of artwork on the wall and a cool light fixture. [houzz=
]
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 9:13PM
champagne4lulu
Oh yes! That would be a great idea but we have nowhere to put all the platters, glasses etc that live there. We have been thinking about filling a dead space in the kitchen with a new cupboard but unsure if that's the way to go. If we get it big enough there's every possibility it could house that stuff. Hmmm. Good thinking! Yes there is a beam there. Long term I'd like to put a window in under the a/c to lighten the space but no money to do that yet! We shall see how it looks tonight after the buffet it gone. Thanks for the idea! :)
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 9:22PM
Melanie Hon
I don't know what the other side of the room looks like, but you could go bold, like the Ikea PS cabinet in red. It sits kind of lower than normal buffets however, only 27" high. The plus side it's reasonably priced.
0 Likes   February 21, 2013 at 9:30PM
Now that I see your style (and I love the chairs and table( why not glam it up a bit with this type of storage unit (available at IKEA Australia). I think the colours would work
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 2:11AM
underedenx
found this at perth furniture... i like the one with mirrors you found, the only thing i might worry about is the table top looking dirty all the time sitting next to the pure white buffet!
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 3:22AM
Should I paint table cream and get seat covers or paint chairs?
I would definitely like some color because my main...
Christine Gerlander
What colour sofa and dining suite should I use for a small cream tiled
Open plan kitchen and living with dining adjacent to...
liesdale
What size dining table should I get?
The dining space is about 10 feet wide by 13 feet long,...
sheikatu
What chairs should I get for this new dining table?
http://www.zgallerie.com/p-10917-sequoia-dining-table.aspx...
lavanya82
what colour should I get for my sofa to match my dining table in taupe
my dining and living area is next to each other? I...
Alyce Lim
Experimenting on pendants in the bedroom!
Here’s a bedroom we are working on. Even when...
Vanguard development LA
Kitchen Counter Dilemma!
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting! My husband...
Marissa DiGennaro Burg
Norman Starburst mirror over fireplace mantle
This mantle needs something big and round instead of...
cabinretreater43
Need help with living room decor/storage
I need help with new storage/shelf solutions in our...
Ditte Christiansen
White Macaubas? Can you please share your pics?
The photos I've seen online appear to be white/ grey....
Brenna Pearce