What length is the slider, who is the manufacturer, where can it be purchased?
djud1226
February 17, 2013 in Photo Questions
I have a wide enclosure and need a bar over 9 feet in length.
Sunex International Inc
This solid stainless steel shower enclosure system is Kinetik by Fleurco which we are master distributors for in Florida and the Caribbean. This shower was 8' wide and a ceiling support was installed after this photo was taken. 9' shouldn't be a problem and if you are outside of Florida you can find a dealer in your area. http://www.fleurco.com/bathroom/Shower-doors.aspx?col=1
February 27, 2013 at 4:11am   
madlax04
What material was the bench made out of and where did you purchase it?
June 29, 2013 at 2:34pm   
Sunex International Inc
The bench was constructed during framing and they used the same Thassos white marble as the rest of the bath.
July 1, 2013 at 4:55am   
maryoroyne
Hello.. I am looking to put the door system in my shower.. but was told because my shower widths are off that it has to be custom built. the top of the shower opening is 58 5/8 and the bottom is 59 1/6. I wonder if the reason for the little strip of glass on the right in your design is to make up for any off in the opening??
August 29, 2013 at 11:16am   
Sunex International Inc
The glass is generally custom sized for every opening, the system in our project was so wide the small side panel was to position the door opening in the location specific to the access. Your smaller shower opening wouldn't have room on that side for a fixed panel, the only thing I could think of to suggest your installer do is order the glass with an angle to accommodate the uneven walls. Unfortunately this isn't unusual to see.
August 29, 2013 at 11:59am   
maryoroyne
Oh that makes sense.. I see that now in your pic ! Did you get your glass form Fleurco? I wonder if I buy the kit from Fleurco (Kinetik) and I thought getting the glass cut localw ould bring the cost down but only a few hundred.. err.. do you have any suggestions for a nice looking shower door ?
August 29, 2013 at 12:19pm   
Sunex International Inc
On these systems it's better for the local installer to measure and order the glass locally to use with the hardware supplied by Fleurco (Kinetik). Overall these types are still in the $3,000+ range.
The regular door and panel system by Fleurco has about 1" of adjustability for uneven wall conditions and is about half that price. You can contact Fleurco for a local dealer unless you are in South Florida we can direct you to a dealer (we're a master distributor and only get involved in major projects).
August 29, 2013 at 12:24pm   
maryoroyne
I am in South Florida and am working with a plumbing company... and the quote went double as he said the door size was uneven and results in custom glass. I will figure something out.. maybe a nice white plastic shower curtain ! ha Thanks.
August 29, 2013 at 12:28pm   
Sunex International Inc
LOL my wife and I saw some great shower curtains at IKEA :o)

But in seriousness the glass does go up a bit if you don't get a pre fabricated system from Fleurco as they have bulk pricing. This is the other very nice system Fleurco offers that should work for your opening: http://www.fleurco.com/shower-doors/platinum-in-line-glass-to-glass-hinges.aspx
August 29, 2013 at 12:40pm   
maryoroyne
My husband would probably prefer shower curtains ! I am not sure I can go with an open shower door.. not much space ? I just got off the tele with Fleurco.. and I understand.. if the wall is off the same on each side we are ok. but if it is the stationary wall that is not level and off the 1/2" I have to go custom ! So I will go home and figure this out. Thanks so much !
August 29, 2013 at 12:53pm   
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Please critique my floorplan
This will be a 2 stories mountain house. Floor plans...
Determining paint for exterior door and side lights
What factor(s) determine painting exterior door and...
Curtain height in room with high, vaulted ceiling?
The ceilings in our guest room are incredibly high...
TV Unit designs
Wall mountable TV unit with a back drop of creamy #stonecladded...