Decor for this bedroom
manvisudan
February 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This is my bedroom with dark brown and light brown paint.i feel there is so much brown in this room.what can i do to brighten up a room little.i cant change furniture and curtains so just help vid decor and decor colour combinations.and also what can i keep on bed shelf ?how can i hide so many gadget wires without any woodwork and all?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lowprofile
There are nice cable systems wich let your cables go straight that already helps a lot. Also hanging the tv straight and taking of the terrible sticker in the right top will help. And because most cable systems are white and all you furniture is already brown I would put a light color on the walls. That with white sheets and you can keep the curtains. That is how I would do it
0 Likes   February 18, 2013 at 2:52AM
manvisudan
Ya..that's a lot of help.what else can I do likle with rug colour and all
0 Likes   February 18, 2013 at 3:00AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
You could wallpaper your cupboard facings in a design or colours that echo your curtains, at the same time you could cut the remnants and fit them over the tops of your tv cabinet and computer - cut glass over that. Your plugs are not easy to deal with but you could cut some PVC tubing, paint them the same colour as the wall (or contrast it and wallpaper it as well) and pass the wires through them to make it less busy. For your bed, hang some artwork above the bedhead that is wide enough to cover the platelets and change your covers for something more post modern
1 Like   February 18, 2013 at 3:08AM
Rachel Miller
Honestly I would paint all the walls white! Sounds boring but it will look really light and airy. Think of all the wood as a bonus because it looks like built ins everywhere. One small thing you could do to the cabinets around mirror is add washi tape in a border/design(easy to remove); i would do it in white. (picture shown). They will be a lot more visually interesting. If you cant change the curtains I would consider adding extra panels in white to make the existing panels look luxurious. I have never liked behind the bed shelves... Personally I would wrap the whole thing in navy fabric like a headboard. Then carry the theme of navy white and wood with pops of another color...pink or green?
0 Likes   February 18, 2013 at 3:26AM