Guest Bathroom

lindsaymccFebruary 18, 2013
We need to lighten up our guest bathroom (according to our relator). It has blue floor tile and all white appliances - it's a small bathroom and we need something light to brighten it up - color suggestions anyone?
Creative Home Staging
It is hard to give color suggestions not knowing what colors are in the rest of the house. If you have a neutral color in the hallway ie: taupe or grey then paint the bathroom the same color (if it is not too dark). If it is a dark color than use a lighter tone of it. I would also recommend that before you paint you remove the cabinet above the toilet and put away the small rug and scale before photos and showings.
    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 12:52PM
jrbell
Select a white paint with just a hint of blue in it. Use all white accessories (towels) to give it a spa feel. The cabinet over the toilet I'd remove it. Makes it look dated. I would put a towel holder/ glass shelf there. Restoration hardware has them. This would give it a more updated look. Paint the baseboard the color of the wall in a semigloss.
    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 12:52PM
lindsaymcc
The hallway is Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter...we were thinking of doing Stonington Grey in there, but could do a white with a hint of blue too...
    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:03PM
janishill
Remove both the mirror and cabinet before painting it this subtle, soft gray: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/marilynsdress

Replace the mirror with a simple silver framed oval mirror.

Remove the scales (no one wants to buy a home that makes them feel fat and scales make people feel fat!) and the rug. Replace your rug with a new fluffy, white rug and hang a white shower curtain over the glass shower doors. Purchase a silver liquid soap dispenser, a new white hand towel and place a white orchid on the toilet tank. Be sure to close the toilet seat!

I can't see your light fixture, but be certain you have 100 watt bulbs in it. Place one drop of vanilla essential oil on each light bulb (while they are turned off!) The fragrance will be produced when the lights are turned on.

You spent about $100 to completely update the bathroom and will easily recoupe it when you sign on the dotted line!

Would love to see updated photos!
3 Likes    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:22PM
janishill
Stonington Gray will feel 'awkard', but the reason will be one of those things you can't quiet put your finger on. The reason is the color has cool undertones while your woodwork has warm undertones.

Just my thoughts...
1 Like    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:27PM
lindsaymcc
Thanks so much! You've been a great help! :)
1 Like    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:29PM
janishill
One other thing...paint the trim white and the back of the door. It will make the room feel cohesive.

If you need help staging other areas let me know! :-)
1 Like    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:33PM
aborrouso
I would paint the back of the door as well as the trim.
    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:42PM
lindsaymcc
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/357434/Paint-Color-Help-

janishill - what are your thoughts on the colors in this room? Take out the olive and do all Revere Pewter - minus the navy accent wall? (sorry for the mess!)
    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 2:10PM
nancy22032
Since this is a "staging" improvement I would suggest a light blue and white color scheme. This always looks clean and bright. The cab. is not important as storage in a guest bath is not required and it overwhelms the small room. While gray is fashionable now, clean and fresh always appeals. jrbell has good ideas. I just painted one of the walls in my bath a soft blue green, with lots of fluffy white towels and rug and it does have that "spa" look.
    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 2:36PM
4.5' x 4.5' guest bathroom.
Hello! Wondering if I could get some design ideas for...
choc22
Trying to update a kids bathroom to a guest bathroom.
I need color ideas. Tub, tile, and toilet are gray,...
sgold10
Out dated guest bathroom needs serious remodel
The previous owners used this guest bathroom for the...
lthomas1215
Guest Bathroom
After re-doing the whole house, I simply ran out of...
1sweetie
I am trying to decide between Kraftmaid's dove white...
lkh91962
Best ceiling fan brand?
I have use hunter fans and love them, but I can't find...
pwadd
A Hare-y bedroom
Im about to embark on designing this bedroom. I have...
toatsmcgoats
How often do you use "Fine China?"
Do you have a lovely set of fine China stowed away...
Which Kitchen Sink ?
I am getting ready to replace my kitchen counters and...
madimoore