Need window covering advice
baggie2
Living room and dining room windows are covered by sheers and drapes on traverse rods. Our brick ranch is very traditional and I don't dislike the coverings, except I hate the exposed rods when the sheers are opened. The living room is a picture window with 2 side casements with dividers and the dining room is 3 casements with dividers. The sheers are necessary for sunlight control, but I do like the windows exposed when we can do so. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Can you create a cornice over the window coverings?
February 19, 2013 at 3:09AM   
Cheryl Garrett
You have several options, a cornice being one of them. You could Also add a soft valance or simply replace the rod with a decorative rod that is in keeping with the style of the room. Visit our store or website for more ideas: Facebook.com/Home Source Custom Draperies & Blinds
February 19, 2013 at 3:25AM   
baggie2
2 pictures of living room, 1 of dining room. I do have decorative rods for drapes, but not the sheers.
February 19, 2013 at 10:07AM   
JMittman Designs
Yes, that white curtain rod would be annoying. It is not meant to be seen. You could always put up a double traversing rod--the rod for the sheers would be decorative as well. Those can get rather expensive on windows your size though. I would think about the cornice as suggested. I would mount it at the top of your crown molding and be sure it is long enough to cover the existing rods, and the pleats of the current curtains.
February 19, 2013 at 11:16AM   
Ann Alderson
Ditch the rods and the sheers (and ugh no cornice please) and discover 2012 product of the year, Silhouette window shadings. They look amazing and are the perfect solution for you. I will definitely be using Silhouette in my next home (buh-bye plantation shutters). Here is a link to the Hunter Douglas product, but you can also find Silhouette elsewhere, like blinds.com. I'm very happy to share this with you! Good luck! http://www.hunterdouglas.com/our-products-detail.jsp?id=1
February 19, 2013 at 11:38AM   
baggie2
Thank you for the wonderful suggestions and I am happy to know about the double traverse rod. It sounds like the perfect solution to me since although I do like a cornice, this room has a lot going on and I don't like to add to it. Still may consider the cornice....my parents had them in living room and dining rooms with indirect lighting. Liked them in their house, but not so sure about mine.
February 19, 2013 at 11:55AM     
Cheryl Garrett
Ann is correct that Silhouette is an awesome product/possible solution. Depends upon the look you're trying to achieve. We display quite a few Silhouettes in our showroom because of their popularity and versatility. One solution is not always right for everyone tho!
February 20, 2013 at 7:10AM     
Need advice for window covering for a very large bedroom window
I have a bedroom window that measures 138" width x...
Needs lots of advice - lights, window covers
Hi, we have a new house that we really like. We moved...
Need advice for window coverings
Hi....we are moving into a new home and I would like...
Need advice on wainscoting and window coverings
We are near the end of a major Reno of our little 60...
need advice on window coverings and kitchen table please
Hello, My living room and kitchen are connected and...
color for fireplace
what colour u believe would fit?
Update my colonial
I want to update my colonial to make it more transitional...
Choosing interior doors
Need help choosing interior doors that would team well...
Tile for shower in master bathroom, pre Reno Delma,,"!,
My wife and designer want to do a large tile with marble...
Need to hide my neighbors fence
Hi I need help to hide my neighbors fence. Every time...