love it! But where are the shower fixtures?
Christine White Design
February 19, 2013 in Photo Questions
spmm
Sensors or voice command?
February 19, 2013 at 2:55AM   
building Lab, inc.
hi christine.
i believe you are talking about the valve / controls. it is just out of view to the right of the image, on the wall perpendicular to the shower head. this location allows turning the shower on and tuning the temperature without getting soaked.
because of user friendliness and some aesthetic considerations, this has become a standard layout for bL. the only drawback is the distance from valve to shower head which extends response time. from a green building point of view, this means slightly more water down the drain while waiting for it to get up to temperature.
thanks for the inquiry
stephen
February 20, 2013 at 7:19AM   
Christine White Design
February 20, 2013 at 8:57AM   
Blue Truck Studio
Is that window in the shower the corner window of the front entrance? I've been staring at this photo for 10 minutes trying to find a flaw. I think maybe the towel in the reflection is off center by a 1/16". Beautiful work bL. How did you pull off that recessed mirror/light?
February 26, 2013 at 10:15AM   
building Lab, inc.
good eye Blue Truck! the window in the shower is indeed one in the same as that at the entrance. the white laminated glass frustrates voyeristic and exhibitionist inclinations by allowing light but not shape to be seen.
the towel bars are actually not off center but slightly out of level (the gods do get upset at actual perfection you know)
the recessed light is an off the shelf fixture. to achieve the flush condition between sheetrock / light / mirror / stainless steel (+ tile), certain areas of the walls must be furred out.
February 26, 2013 at 10:41PM   
Christine White Design
". . . the gods do get upset at actual perfection you know."

I will remember to tell this to my clients! Again, really nice work.
What material is behind the sink? If it is metal, how is it kept clean and free of marks, i.e. waterdrops?
February 26, 2013 at 11:25PM   
Trim color help!!
Hello! We are moving forward with building a home,...
Tierra Sol Tile - Provenza In-Essence
We are think of using Tierra Sol's tile "Provenza In-Essence"...
Family Room Clean Slate
I am working with a clean slate in this family room....
What do you think about the blue cabinets?
http://www.houzz.com/photos/17973188/Wood-Mode-Brookhaven-Products-traditional-houston...
Need help finishing up!
So I have a lot of my main pieces pick and in place...