I need help for my lounge and entrance hall.
Suzi Mara Moniz
February 19, 2013 in Other
I would like you bring some tropical colors from my ''Brasil'' to my lovely house here in England.

The rooms I would like to paint are, as mentioned above, the lounge which is 6mt x 3mt,not very large, and the entrance hall.
I am sending the pictures of the two room, than youn will be able to have an idea.
itsjena
lounge: turquoise? hall: yellow or orange?
February 19, 2013 at 10:18AM     
Suzi Mara Moniz
Manhy thanks for brillhant idea! I loved it, it's a big challenge. Would you have the colors name or brand? As it varys a lote I do not want to make a mistake. These colors work really well together...
thank you so much
February 20, 2013 at 10:27AM   
itsjena
these are all Benjamin Moore: agua: "In the Tropics" ; "Startling Orange; and "Bold Yellow".
Enjoy! and you're welcome.
February 20, 2013 at 5:09PM   
Suzi Mara Moniz
Dear Itsjena, many thanks for your attention and fro sending me the paint brand and colors names. I will take a look at Marcos Benjamin Moore and see if I can find it here in England, ok?
Have a lovely day!

Suzi Moniz
February 22, 2013 at 3:55AM   
Suzi Mara Moniz
Jena, I forgot to say that I have a beautiful KILIN rug fro my lounge and I will change my sofa's facric. I will change a lot.
I am thinking about some curtains instead of Roman Blind, the ones I already have in the louge.
I think, if I do these changes, it will be more flexible to choose the color for the walls, don't you think so?
I will send a picture from my kilim rug, than you will be able so have a idea about the colors, and if possible, could you help me whith the fabric color for my lounge and curtains?
What would you suggst for a bay window curtain for my lounge?
Would you change the furnitures around the lounge? If you have a idea, they are more than welcome!
Thank you again.
Suzi
February 22, 2013 at 4:23AM   
itsjena
hi Suzi--a picture of your Kilim rug would be the perfect place to start!
February 22, 2013 at 2:16PM   
itsjena
Suzi--I love giving you my ideas; but if you post this in "design dilemma" you will receive ideas from lots of people!
February 22, 2013 at 3:02PM   
Suzi Mara Moniz
Dear Jena, thank you again for writting and you attention. If I m right I've poted at ''design dilema'', however, I haven't got many ideas, but I am happy with yours! I've tried to post my kilim rug picture, but it didn't go trough. I will try agai.
Could you send the name of the colors that you gave me the ideas?
Have a lovely weekend and many thanks,

Suzi
February 23, 2013 at 11:02AM   
itsjena
Hi Suzi, I'm not sure what you are asking....the paint colours I posted above are Benjamin Moore: "In the Tropics": "Startling Orange; and "Bold Yellow". However if you do not have a BM store near you, you can go to most any paint store and they can mix the same or similar colours for you.
Usually designers suggest that you start with the floor covering or rug that you love (your Kilim rug for example), and then draw your colours for the curtains, furniture and paint from that. (Actually, choosing paint colours is almost the last thing you need to choose :)
I hope you can send a photo of the rug--I'm eager to see it! If possible, could you also post a couple more photos of your lounge and bay window?
February 23, 2013 at 2:06PM   
itsjena
Hi Suzi, just wondering how your lounge and hall is coming along?
March 3, 2013 at 9:38AM   
Suzi Mara Moniz
Hello Jena, thank you very much for your message. I haven't done any change yet in my lounge or even in the hall.
I will get the paint samples and see what will come of it!
I am thinking about yellow for the lounge and ''Arsenic'' color from Farrow and Ball as suggested by an interior designer from houzz as well.
What do you think?
March 7, 2013 at 9:37AM   
itsjena
"Arsenic" sounds very cool! Hope to see pictures of your bright sunny rooms soon!
March 10, 2013 at 5:01PM   
Suzi Mara Moniz
Dear Jena, as soon as I have done the tests on the walls I'll let you know how it goes, ok?
I would like you to give me some idea about my bedroom.
I would like to paint the walls with a neutral warm color, what color would you suggest?
As I have my in suite I will paint my bathroom as well, however I would like to give a very warm color for the bathroom, some color, what would you suggest?
I'll wait for your suggestion.
Have a lovely week,

Suzi
March 11, 2013 at 2:52AM   
itsjena
Hi Suzi, usually it's a good idea to keep all your rooms in the same color family, so they all flow together.
So, if you want neutrals, you can use different shades on the same color chip.
Or, if you want brights, use lighter or darker tones of the colors you've already picked.
But if you want to "break all the rules", you can use aqua, yellow, and coral! Just be sure you pick up all those colors in all the rooms, to unify them.
Hope you have a good week also.
March 12, 2013 at 12:03AM   
itsjena
I just saw this photo on Houzz, and it reminded me of you!
]
March 13, 2013 at 8:11PM   
Need help with my white entrance hall
I would like my entrance to remain white. But the problem...
Need help with my entrance / hall please
We are extending / re-modelling our home. There will...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Living Room Help, Please!
This living room is the first thing you see when you...
New home landscaping
Help with new home landscaping. The home is located...
Help for a long master bath
We're remodeling our 1977 contemporary but following...