Need help with little coloring

rozajacFebruary 19, 2013
Need suggestions on what to do with the walls next to the TV. Any wallpaper or paint ideas?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Liza Jane Interiors
Very nice room. First I would move the love seat to where the chair is and angle the chair into the room where the loveseat is. I would purchase a larger coffee table (big square would be nice). You can try the wall color in 2-3 shades darker for the nook areas.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:10AM
PRO
PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
I don't think wallpaper would be my first choice; there is already a good deal of movement in the fireplace stone and to a lesser degree, in the wood floor and cabinets. Why not a bold pumpkin color just in the niches, like the throw you have pictured? And I might use a deeper color solely behind the TV, to help blend it away. For that, I'd look at one of the darker shades in your stone.
3 Likes    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:22AM
rozajac
Thank you LizaJane! We actually had the large sofa where the single chair is now than switched sofa and love seat (love seat moved across the TV and sofa by the window. Single chair was angled 45 degrees towards the TV where loveseat is now. ) We also have a long tall table that is not in the photo that matches the cofee table and it was behind the loveseat when it was placed across the TV. However; the reason I tried this final placement was to give the room more open-floor feel. With love seat and the tall-long table behind it, it was creating a division between the kitchen and the living room. What do you think?
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:26AM
decoenthusiaste
Key the niche colors off the rug - a more permanent piece in the room. Make a larger coffee table like LizaJane showed above convenient to the large sofa (18" away from it) and put one of your end tables with the love and the other with the chair so everyone has a place to put down a drink or paper. If you shop for the coffee table, don't be convinced to buy matching end tables - mixing it up is better.
Nice space. Are you planning for window treatments?
2 Likes    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:27AM
PRO
Lindsey Neumann
I was also thinking a burnt orange color. Or if you want pull a darker color out of the area rug and use that. I like the idea of a darker paint behind the tv as well.
2 Likes    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:29AM
rozajac
Thank you PaintColorHelp.com Dallas. We were leaning towards that idea actually since we like all tones of orange. So you would suggest a paint color similar to the throw and apply it to all three inserted area in the wall where TV and shelves are?
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:29AM
rozajac
Love the coffee table idea LizaJane! Do you think one of those leather or fabric top large-square coffee table/ottoman concept would be a good choice too? (as alternative)
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:31AM
rozajac
Thank you so much decoenthusiaste! We were discussing if we should put up some curtains but not sure since we have wood blinds. ANy photos you can share of your idea of window treatment?

Thank you kindly.
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:34AM
rozajac
Thank you for you comment/ideas Lindsey Neumann.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:35AM
dianahb
I agree that something in a burnt orange might be nice for the inside of those shelves. On the other hand, you could do something totally unexpected, and pick up what looks like a soft blue/green in that rug border-- and use that. That could be very nice with all the warm tones (on floor, sofa, sofa). It would add a bit of cool to all that warmth, and a really soft blue/green would also go with all the stone, too. Sounds like it would clash, but I think it would be beautiful. Of course, you might have to change the surround color-- On my monitor, I can't tell if that's a tan or a green or . . . ?
1 Like    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:39AM
rozajac
Thank you dianahb! Walls actually are a tone of tan/beige. I think the lighting made it look like light greenish color.
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 12:02PM
dianahb
Okay-- so, yeah-- I really think a soft blue/green would mesh well and look beautiful inside those interior walls there. And it's quite possible that I may collect more "stuff" than you, but with all that great space you have-- I'd have someone come in and put in regular shelving inside there. I think it would balance out the stone fireplace nicely. Something about all that space on only a few short shelves in there I find too off-balance somehow. Plus, I keep thinking about all the great books and family photos you could put on yet more shelving. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 12:06PM