What’s Hot Right Now: Intriguing Indigo
Clayton Gray Home
February 19, 2013 in Other
We’re seeing indigo…or better known as one of Pantone’s 2013 colors of the year, Monaco Blue(Pantone 19–3964), everywhere right now and we are all falling into this deep blue hue, head first.
As found on Wikipedia, “Indigo is a color named after the blue dye derived from the plant Indigofera tinctoria and related species.” First derived from India and made very popular in both ceramics and textile dyeing, this blue hue was then popularized in the 13th century, throughout Europe.
Dark blue is associated with depth, expertise, and stability according to many color theorists. It is also said to represent knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness.
All we know for sure is this hue is serioulsy abuzz throughout the design and fashion industry right now! Check out a few of our very own Intriguing Indio pieces that will definitely provide the stability to any room it may find itself in!

Left to Right, Top to Bottom: Surya’s Frontier Pouf in Mediterranean Blue will create quite a splash wherever it might land., Made Goods Andre Mirror will have you staring into the deep blue abyss…or at least how perfectly stunning this indigo frame will make you look., Worlds Away’s Large Pagoda Lamp in Navy will create a blue streak of light and energy wherever it is placed., Worlds Away’s Cameron Chair will also have you sailing into the blue all from the comfort of your own home., The Frontier Damask Rug in Mediterranean Blue by Surya will also be the anchor to any room., Bungalow 5’s Parsons Console in Navy Blue provides just the right balance of modern and traditional to make itself at home in any setting!, and Our latest fragrance to grace our shop is this Blue Garden Candle from Nest Fragrances. Not only will these aromas of blue hydrangea, hyacinth, and forget-me-nots blended with fresh green notes have you longing for crisp spring days, but a portion of all proceeds from this sale will be donated to Autism Speaks.
Christine
I love it. Rich and moody but can also be fun and youthful. I love the pouf and the chair and would certainly use them in my decor...
April 19, 2014 at 1:43pm   
Choosing art color for family room
I have a primarily beige, mushroom, and white family...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
Need help on the best method to secure two thick wood without joints
I am looking for advice on how to secure two pieces...
Kitchen transformation assistance?
I had posted about a week a go asking for advice on...
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...