Where can I find clean modern/contemporary baseboards and door trim?
bab594
I have been looking for simple clean baseboards like this to finish my house. I believe the designer says they are 5.5 inches for the baseboards and 3 inches for the door trim. I have been to home depot and lowes, but can't seem to find this dimensions/look. Where can I find these? Stock options would be best, since I don't want to pay for custom. Thanks in advance!
Tres McKinney Design
Get thee to your local lumber store, with picture in hand. It is plain flat stock and should not be a problem to find.
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 9:04PM
FN Design
You could go to your local hardware store, buy some 5/8 mdf sheets and have them rip a as many 5.5 and 3 lengths that you need, sand, prime and paint... voila you're good to go.
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 9:10PM
Ironwood Builders
Go to the local builder's supply...Not the big box stores. they carry many different types of interior trim. Show them what you want. If they can't get it for you from a supplier, it can be made. Your desire to avoid custom, but want a non stock item is...counter-intuitive? That is square stock. They have that in spades. To make the base thinner it costs less than $0.50 per linear foot...or less if you need a lot. Ripping down MDF, means any wall over 8' long has a splice in it....and that is not so cool. Pros layout long walls first with their longest stock to avoid splicing. Sure they splice a 22' foot wall...once...not twice. So buy where the pros buy. One other caveat to MDF...any sawn edge will need to be sanded and sealed prior to install. It will still soak up paint faster than the factory edges and you may never get it to look perfect. It is cardboard after all.
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 9:33PM
Ironwood Builders
One more thing. Casings...the trim around doors and windows, is thicker than baseboard so that the baseboard has a reveal to the casing. Use 3/4" material for the casing and have the taller stock milled to 5/8" for the baseboard. An entire house of base board can be in excess of 1500 l.f. Expect to pay a
$100 set up fee for the job.
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 9:38PM
FN Design
Agree with everything Ironwood Builders said... was just offering the 'cheapest' non custom option available... but you're suggestions are way better then mine. ;)
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 9:43PM
FN Design
And I didn't mention anything about the casings being 3/4 because from the picture posted it seems even the casings are 5/8... kinda hard to tell.
    Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 9:49PM
Door Stops
Consider adding a door stop to this types of doors. By using door stops with those doors, you can protect them from obtain most damages. They are available in different finishes and designs, and we can assure you that we will have one that will match your particular need in stock. More information of our entire collection of door stops can be found at http://www.door-stops.com.

Sincerely,
The Door Stop Team
    Bookmark   September 19, 2014 at 12:11PM
To paint or to not paint trim
I live in a 1960 ranch with lots of wood trim, floors,...
lhilyard
Baseboards / doors
In the process of building: Can I have maple(wood)...
jodogise
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats
Stain baseboard or White baseboard for this bedroom
Hello, I would love some feedback on my new bedroom....
fat_angus
Baseboard and molding update?
We are buying a house built in 1991 and all the baseboard...
ipgaea
Backsplash conflict
We are trying to pick a backsplash for our modern/contemporary...
katechica
Please help me brighten up my dungeon kitchen!
Earlier this summer we purchased a 1907 Victorian....
Miranda Bouck
masculine but classy
I'm working on a bachelor pad but it still needs to...
Mindy Luthi
Need urgent help with Kitchen Cabinets - Paint or Refinish? Help!
Hi, My kitchen cabinets (and cabinets elsewhere) are...
kjosh
Your best tips please!
We are about to start a large remodeling project. ...
rachuba