New Granite Counter tops and Glass Subway Tiles...Now Paint
jpower13
I am trying to update my kitchen and recently installed new black granite counter tops and white, glass subway tiles with the hopes of turning the kitchen into a transitional or more modern feel. I would like to get rid of the red paint but don't know what to do. Any suggestion would be so appreciated. I've been stuck for 5 months now.
Liza Jane Interiors
Couple of things. If you are wanting a more modern feel, I would replace the black knobs with a stainless color. Also, your cabinets have lots of orange in them. I would paint the walls a gray/green like BMoore Sagebrook Sage HC-114
February 20, 2013 at 12:42pm     
aniluap2
I think that lizajane is on track with her suggestion. I also think the knobs would be okay in oiled bronze but look rather small on the doors and drawers . Have you thought of putting a bin pull on the drawers (to cover the center hole) and lager knob on the doors. Or a larger knobs on the drawers an a 2 holed pull in the doors using the current hole for bottom srew and drilling another higher up for the top screw? I think the color in the above sample would look fresh and blend with all the colors on the kitchen.
February 20, 2013 at 1:00pm   
jpower13
Thank you both for such great ideas! I agree with both the paint color and knob/pull suggestions and hope to get started this week! Thanks to you both, I can get on with decorating my kitchen. I think I'll carry over the gray into my other rooms and add terra cotta or blue accents around. Thanks again!
February 25, 2013 at 5:26am   
aniluap2
That sounds great. Post a picture when you're done would love to see the final result.
February 25, 2013 at 6:57am   
Interiors International, Inc.
I like the paint idea that Lizajane suggested.
February 25, 2013 at 7:06am     
yytcm
Congratulations on going siimple but so smart with your white subway tile backsplash - it's classic and very classy! I think LizaJane's paint color suggestion is perfect - I can see it on your walls and it invites me to ocme in and have a cup of coffee. I'd change out the hardware as suggested, and the one other thing I'd do, if the black bar stools are a keeper - get some chair cushions that pick up the new wall color (a stripe or a floral along with the new color and other colors you like). Would make the stools more comfortable as well as add some pop. Can't send pix of what's in my head unfortunately, but look through some of the HOUZZ kitchens online for ideas (doubt you'll have to look through the entire several thousand, however). Do add something green and live (a herb plant or other). And do post when you're done. Would love to see the final result.
February 25, 2013 at 7:37am   
KM&M Designs
I agree with LizaJane. She is right-on with the color, which will look so nice as you view the adjoining room. I advise that you look at Lowe's allen+roth knobs. I just used these in another project and they are really beautiful.
February 25, 2013 at 8:07am   
Ugly bed dilemma
My in-laws gave us their old bed frame to use in our...
Help, we don't like the brick! and the overall look...
What would you suggest to help update this a little?...
Long, narrow living room furniture HELP!
Please excuse the toy mess in picture two! I need to...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...