Need Help with my new kitchen.
nickernew
Our retirement "dream" home. We're planning on putting in a new kitchen. We definately want to put in new cubboards, appliances and maybe back splash and flooring. We're open to suggestions. THANKS!
nickernew
We also will be getting rid of that ugly light fixture on the ceiling. The pendant lights are optional. Please
February 20, 2013 at 2:22pm     
Ugly light fixture?? Ha! I have one just like it only uglier. Why not just have these cabinets painted and save yourself some $$$ to travel? I think this kitchen looks pretty good, honestly. Is the floor vinyl or ceramic tile?
February 20, 2013 at 2:34pm   
yvesun
What style are you looking at changing your kitchen to?
February 20, 2013 at 2:41pm   
There are too many options available. I would suggest searching through photos and saving the ones that you like and pretty soon you will be able to narrow down the styles to go forward with.
February 20, 2013 at 2:42pm   
busu
Cabinets arent bad! You could find some cool items to decorate top. darker countertops and stainless appliances would totally change look. perhaps more what you are wanting?
February 20, 2013 at 2:44pm     
nickernew
We've thought about doing something with the cupboards like painting or refacing. With an open concept the kitchen is really the center of the home. We were hoping to turn it into a "show stopper". The floor is ceramic tile. I think we're leaning towards darker cupboards. Traditional is more our style. Thanks again for your thoughts!
February 20, 2013 at 3:18pm   
nickernew
The old Cupboards will be repurposed in the garage for a workshop area
February 20, 2013 at 3:18pm   
nickernew
Any thoughts regarding the pantry area? Not a real fan of folding doors....
February 20, 2013 at 3:27pm   
nikitasmom
Found this which partly mimics your current layout. Smaller pantry door of frosted glass, ceiling high cabinets. Relocate microwave next to refrigerator., and a bigger more impressive oven.
February 20, 2013 at 4:04pm     
Dirt Digger
Have you considered removing the pantry? It doesn't appear to be a walk in...it might be nice to replace it with customized cabinets to store all your items and it would look more streamlined. You are lucky to have such a nice, large kitchen!
February 20, 2013 at 4:13pm     
violinist3713
If traditional is more of your style then go for it. But seeing as I am into simple and bright, I would suggest white cabinets with a black countertop. Hardwood flooors go really good with this combination. This is what we put into our kitchen and it was magnificent!!! Best of Luck!
February 20, 2013 at 4:20pm   
nickernew
Thanks for all your thoughts...you've given us something to think about!
February 20, 2013 at 5:02pm   
Lkristine
You could go light or dark??????? Strictly depends on what you like........
February 20, 2013 at 5:51pm   
Lkristine
The lighter option........
February 20, 2013 at 5:53pm   
rachealy
I say remove that pantry, I think it looks mismatch, and put a built in pantry instead that matches the new cabinets that you pick out, it will definetly increase your cost a lot though. I also think if you made the cabinets taller it would look less cramped in the corner. As for the floor tiles, anything would be better!! Good Luck with your kitchen reno!
February 20, 2013 at 6:04pm   
nancy22032
Do you really want such an unhandy kitchen? The sink looks like such a long way from the stove & refrig. Maybe the photos are deceiving but it looks like there would be plenty of room to put in an island with the sink in it, and have some storage where the sink was. The absolute best storage is in a pantry with shelves from floor to ceiling so keep it or replace it if possible.
February 20, 2013 at 6:22pm   
Help! I need to finalize my kitchen plans for my new home build!
Hello all, I am a die hard fan of Houzz and I have...
Need help decorating my new kitchen... help!
Just redid entire kitchen and bath.... now need to...
Keep, Donate or Repupose
We all have items in our home that we have kept through...
Kitchen cabinet closings
We just paid a fair amount of money for a kitchen ....
This dining room is holding me hostage ...
... I can't walk by this room without stopping to stare...
Which table?
Hi I have narrowed my decision to three tables. Which...