Need help for my very white kitchen
leslie44
February 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have natural oak floors, white cabinets and white appliances. What color counters? I'm thinking about ivory fantasy granite. Don't really want dark counters as the kitchen is not that large, but right now I have a lot of stark white. Any suggestions? Ideas for coordinating backsplash would be great also. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
feeny
If I'm seeing it correctly in pictures from the web, the ivory fantasy has some taupe swirls in it, yes? That looks nice to me. It makes it clear you aren't trying to match the white cabinets and appliances, but it doesn't darken the room. You also could go with a more medium tone granite (with some browns or golds or grays or really any shade you want in it) to get a bit more contrast. But if you want to keep the whole kitchen in a light monotone, with variations on a theme of white, then the ivory fantasy will be lovely. Whichever granite you choose, I'd pick a backsplash color from one of the accent colors in the granite (so maybe the taupe tone in the ivory fantasy). And I'd keep it simple so that the granite's pattern takes center stage.
February 20, 2013 at 5:38PM     
judianna20
Absolutely nothing wrong with white and your oak floors. Pay attention to your hardware and your backsplash should be glass.

February 20, 2013 at 5:39PM     
PRO
ASVInteriors
Interesting - cannot see a picture.
February 20, 2013 at 9:20PM   
violinist3713
Even though you say a dark countertop will darken up the kitchen, with white cabinets it will be totally fine.They really balance themselves out nicely.
February 20, 2013 at 9:58PM   
leslie44
Here is a picture of the granite we have tagged. I also attached a picture of potential backsplash tiles. What do you think of them? The kitchen is approx. 11x11 u- shaped. We don't get a lot of natural light and I'd like to keep the room light but not sterile. We are traditional/transitional, I guess...
February 21, 2013 at 4:50AM