Adrienne Bennett
May 11, 2011 in Photo Questions
I'm wondering how you were able to do a 10mm glass without a header of some sort...we are trying to do this in one of our showhomes and the company we are working with will not allow the glass to be frameless, without a seemingly endless number of hinges. Our door is also hinged to the wall.?? Any input?
Screen King
I'm thinking it might be held together with ultraviolet cured glue. It's a fairly recent technology innovation and not all glass shops make use of it.

I would start with a call to the NGA, or National Glass Association to find out if their is a trained specialist near you.
May 11, 2011 at 6:44pm   
stevie7770
No, we build custom glass shower doors for a living, Anything 3/8" and above can be installed without a header on the top. We bevel our glass on the 90 degree returns and then sometimes for added support we use a clip 10" down from the top of the glass. There are many ways to do this without a header. You DONT want to use more than 2 hinges per door. It will give you problems and if you dont have someone who knows how to install frameless units properly you will really be in a mess. You can view our website and see how we do things at www.mrshowerdoorde.com Good Luck! Hope this helps...
January 14, 2012 at 6:49pm   
stevie7770
Also, just an idea,,, If anyone uses Antique Glass, like i believe this picture is, use a "brassy" finish with it along with tan and neutral colors. This REALLY dress's up the glass and makes a big difference. I know brass is not a finish that is favored at the moment, but Antique Brass and Oil Rubbed Bronze (the light colored one) make this glass pattern really stand out. I know it sounds a bit strange, but chrome, brushed nickel, satin chrome and stainless steel really makes the pattern in the glass almost disappear! Try it and you will be amazed in the difference!
January 14, 2012 at 7:01pm   
barbav
stevie, what is antique glass? I love the a.brass and bronze fixtures so I'm curious about the glass. Thanks.
September 13, 2012 at 8:35pm   
Facade ideas please for an unbalanced 70s classic
Help! Our recently purchased 1970's home is in dire...
Master bedroom lacks balance!
Hello! I have a long size bed and night tables that...
Mantel
I am debating whether or not to paint this dark mantel...
This or That: Nonstick VS Stainless Steel
Which do you prefer? Vote for your choice below...
Don't know how to place the recliners
Hi, I have a 5 piece recliners that I don't know how...