Buying a new house with kitchen that needs help - ideas???

Julie FischerFebruary 21, 2013
The appliances are being replace by stainless, plan on new countertops and back splash. Wondered whether to go with white cabinets, reface or replace existing with wood. Wood flooring will also be added
Julie Fischer
The color scheme will also be changed to beiges, browns with a blue accent color
    Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 6:24PM
JWinteriors
Hi Julie...i am a fan of staggering the heights of the upper cabinets. A straight, linear line is quite dull. I would add a crown to the pantry bump out, paint it an accent color and replace door with glass..make sure trim around door matches cabinetry. Add panels to the front of the peninsula for detail. Change out your recessed cans to pendants over counter for task lighting and bling...as far as how to treat your cabinets, you could unscrew the cabinets you want to raise to stagger...prime and paint. Color will depend on granite choice. Dark slate gray cabinets with a lighter granite or lighter cabinet color with a darker granite. Use a backsplash to unify the two. Use the kitchen photos from Houzz and focus in on the details...what do you gravitate to...
    Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 6:40PM
Dezign Studio Inc
If your budget allows, you can change the cabinets. Upgrade them to cherry ar maple wood cabinets. If you are not happy with the layout, you can make slight changes , like moving the sink more to the left so you have distance between two workstations. Also you can move the refrigerator to the left, and have a bigger counter space on the right for small appliances, unless you are ok with the Refrigerator in the middle for visual balance. You can have a deep cabinet above the refrigerator. Matching door panels on the back of the island.
    Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 7:11PM
violinist3713
Hey Julie. I would personally go with white shaker maple cabinets, a black countertop and some latte paint ( from restoration hardware) Trust me, we installed this type of kitchen into our old house and loved it SO much that we are putting it into our new one as well. I highly reccomend this!!!!!! It brings such a bright, and happy feel to the space!
    Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 9:04PM
New house, old kitchen needs lots of design help
Hi! We just purchased a 1970's single-story home and...
Laurie Dreesen
Need to update kitchen in my new house
I just bought a house and the kithcen is screaming...
mhallow
Need ideas for paint colors in our new house. Open floor plan
We are building a new house w open floor plan. Stairs...
Jennifer Mannix
new house need decor ideas and how to remodel kitchen
My husband and I just bought a new house we really...
Perla MO
Buying a new home - help with ugly kitchen
My hubby and I are buying a home that needs kitchen...
Amy Stika
Paint color for entry ways
Painting living room, dining room and hall beige with...
smjenkins
Have I ruined the Owners' wood floors?
I took it upon myself to clean the wood floor in my...
Kelsey
HELP needed for wall hung sink
Hi - i am interested in install a wall mounted sink....
leighstewart121
Need help with an extremely small FULL guest bathroom.
We are new renters to a traditional home. As renters...
rutabaga4