Advice on my new spanish home
Sara
February 21, 2013 in Photo Questions
I am currently building a Spanish/ranch style home in St. George, Utah. The outside is white stucco and red tile roof, with dark trimmed windows and rustic beams exposed. I want to have a more traditional slant on my interior. I am doing light cabinets, dark wood floors and white baseboard trim. Are there any colors you suggest for white cabinets? Also, do you think I should keep my baseboards the same color as the paint on my walls if I go with one of the colors you suggested? (Elmira white, or OC-17 by Benjamin Moore? Sorry this is so long-Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Hi Sara. If you are going to paint your cabinets white, I suggest you sample some creamy or buttery whites. Try Monterey White HC-27 or Navajo White 947 both by Benjamin Moore. If you are going to have wood floors, I would stain the base the same color as the floors. If you are using some sort of paver or stone, then paint the base the same as the wall. Have you selected a flooring material? Here is a kitchen I like that is light, but in a Spanish style...

Also, I like this source for Spanish homes, flooring, backsplash materials, walls... http://www.artobrick.com/
Hope that helps. Charmean Neithart
February 21, 2013 at 9:38PM     
Sara
Thank you so much for your advice! I have the color samples and I'm meeting with my cabinet guys on Monday. I think I am going to opt for no baseboards like you have on some of your pictures. Do you suggest painting my mantel above my fireplace the same color as my walls ( I think we'll go with the elmira white) or should I paint it to match my cabinets? It is a very open floor plan so the mantel and cabinets will both be seen within the same room.
February 22, 2013 at 3:26PM     
Sara
I had mentioned to you in an earlier post that I would send you pictures of our home once it was complete. So here it is! Thank you so much for your advice and tips on paint and stucco color! They were perfect!
July 15, 2013 at 2:11PM     
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Hi Sara. Wow! Gorgeous house! I bet you're so happy it's all done. Did you use any of the colors we talked about? Enjoy your new home, it looks fabulous. Charmean
July 15, 2013 at 9:01PM   
Krista J
Sara, love your house! We are building a white stucco red tile home too. Would love to see more photos of
July 16, 2013 at 10:29PM     
Krista J
your beautiful home.
July 16, 2013 at 10:30PM     
Sara
Thanks so much! I will add more pictures, but we are still in process of landscaping our backyard. So there is not much to see. Charmean, I used the color you recommended for our stucco (Gentle Cream, Benjamin Moore and Elmira White for our inside-also Benjamin Moore. I have been getting a lot of compliments on the paint and stucco. I couldn't be happier!
July 18, 2013 at 10:11AM   
1925 old Spanish style home- need new kitchen and advice
I am going to put in a new kitchen but don't know what...
My new windows clash with home exterior, need advice.
I need assistance making my new Lowe's casement windows...
I need advice on window treatments for my new home!
I am trying to decide on what window treatments I should...
Need advice on my new home!
Are there too many windows on the first floor? We have...
Need help with updating my Living room
Finally lightened the wall color in our house from...
Something Missing
Looking for ideas! I feel as though something is missing...
Please help with furniture layout - 12.4x22 living room
I have no clue where to even start with designing a...
Need help for Master Bedroom
Hello! I just moved to a brand new home and trying...