Exterior paint ideas for a tudor
buckleyjess
We have a tudor in desperate need of paint! I would like to consider more of a tone on tone paint for the tudor slats and plaster stucco. I would also consider a stone veneer for the first level to cover the brick. Any ideas on colour choices for the paint - tudor and garage doors, and any experience with stone veneers? Cost will be a consideration. Thanks!!
The garage door and stone veneer looks almost orange in the picture. I agree with a monotone approach for a more updated feel.

4 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 6:40AM
buckleyjess
thank you - the photo is a nice inspiration. I like it!
1 Like   February 22, 2013 at 7:15AM
The Color People
Dytectures idea is right on. Lower the contrast between the timbering and the stucco and change that garage door color by all means. Traditionally tudors are not just black/brown and white white. The timbering can be red, red brown, brown, tan, gray, gray green, olive, dark green. The key is to select a color for the timbering that goes well with your other house colors and then make sure the stucco does not create a big contrast with the wood because not where else on the house do you have that kind of contrast, so if you have a high contrast it will just stick out from the whole and negatively impact the house.

Since the the brown of the timbering goes really well with the roof you might just want to paint the stucco a yellowed khaki or tan. Then paint the garage doors a lighter value of the timbering or a
darker value of the stone. If you go too light or too dark on the garage doors they will just dominate the house they way they do now
2 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 3:47PM
hanknliza
Not a fan of the 1X4s era. Pluck those bad boys off and paint a earthy colour is our vote (he doesn't know it yet!).
0 Likes   April 22, 2014 at 5:45PM
Looking for ideas on exterior painting for a Tudor Style home
The home was built in 1920 in Marblehead MA, near the...
1925 Tudor / Arts & Crafts - Exterior Painting Thoughts
We moved into this 1925 house in October 2012. I had...
New Exterior Paint for Brick Tudor(ish)
I have looked at hundreds of pictures and driven around...
Exterior Tudor paint
What are the exterior colors of the tudor paint used...
Need ideas for a 1915 home staircase grab rail.
Hoping to find a design appropriate way to add a grab...
Neutral or Patterned duvet for Master Bedrooms?
I'm beginning to think going neutral/solid for a duvet...
Kitchen counter top
Our builder just notified us that the blue laminate...
Headache or hobbit's room?
We moved into a Cape Cod with some very unique features....
Young professional Rustic apt.
Hey guys I have always wanted the rustic/western style...