My kitchen is missing something!
allyboobop
February 22, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I've been doing a kitchen redo, and I feel like something is missing. Flowers? What colors?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nasmijati
Put a drawer pull on the wood panel under the left side of the sink to complete the drawer/cabinet hardware.
It looks as if this is a kitchen in the Midwest part of the USA. The only things that pop out to me are:
1.) The blinds are down, so I do not see a view. Some detail from outdoors might be an inspiration for "tying" the view with the kitchen.
2.) Hate to say it, but the counters look cluttered to me. Move the plant(s) to some other space in the house. Can the dishpan and drainer be placed under the sink when not in use?
3.) Your rooster decoration is facing a wall. Move it to the opposite side so it can "look" out the window. Move the artwork on the right side of the upper cabinet to the left side, to balance the visual weight.
4.) You have chosen red as your accent color. Spray paint the basket on top of the microwave shiny red.
5.) Instead of printed paper towels, change to plain white ones. That way the artwork attracts one's visual attention to detail and does not compete with the paper towels.
February 22, 2013 at 10:44AM   
PRO
Dytecture
Also consider adding some sparks to the cabinets with new hardware. The wall color blends in too much with the cabinets IMO.
February 22, 2013 at 10:50AM   
allyboobop
Wow, some of the tips are so helpful! Little things I didn't even notice! Thanks! Any recommendation on the hardware for the cabinets?
February 22, 2013 at 12:00PM