My kitchen is missing something!
allyboobop
I've been doing a kitchen redo, and I feel like something is missing. Flowers? What colors?
nasmijati
Put a drawer pull on the wood panel under the left side of the sink to complete the drawer/cabinet hardware.
It looks as if this is a kitchen in the Midwest part of the USA. The only things that pop out to me are:
1.) The blinds are down, so I do not see a view. Some detail from outdoors might be an inspiration for "tying" the view with the kitchen.
2.) Hate to say it, but the counters look cluttered to me. Move the plant(s) to some other space in the house. Can the dishpan and drainer be placed under the sink when not in use?
3.) Your rooster decoration is facing a wall. Move it to the opposite side so it can "look" out the window. Move the artwork on the right side of the upper cabinet to the left side, to balance the visual weight.
4.) You have chosen red as your accent color. Spray paint the basket on top of the microwave shiny red.
5.) Instead of printed paper towels, change to plain white ones. That way the artwork attracts one's visual attention to detail and does not compete with the paper towels.
February 22, 2013 at 10:44AM   
Also consider adding some sparks to the cabinets with new hardware. The wall color blends in too much with the cabinets IMO.
February 22, 2013 at 10:50AM   
allyboobop
Wow, some of the tips are so helpful! Little things I didn't even notice! Thanks! Any recommendation on the hardware for the cabinets?
February 22, 2013 at 12:00PM   
Help with my living room - still something missing
Made a few changes here and there, as you can see in...
Something missing in my living room
We live in a new house and our furniture is new, too....
My guest room feels like its missing something
What color can i put in my guest room that will go...
Something is missing in my family room design...HELP!
I recently remodeled my downstairs with tile flooring,...
Formal dining set
Our formal dining area, still need to add some artwork/decor...
Beveled mirrors in lobby
I am part of a decorating committee and several of...
Color placement for outside woodwork...Ideas??
My 2 porch roofs have finally been power washed, scraped,...
Picking kitchen counters
We have an existing granite island we don't want to...
how do I make a ceiling-mounted canopy/tester?
I want to make a ceiling mounted 1/2 or quarter tester....