Shakes on peak
baggie2
We have a Williamsburg style house...well as Williamsburg as a ranch with a picture window can be. : ) We need to replace the boards on the front peak and our remodelers are suggesting the shakes. The end peaks are full brick, so that is the only place on the entire house that we would need them. Thanks!
The Color People
Wood shake could look nice an blend well with the brick is coated in a natural colored transparent stain. It would not cause the gable to draw undue attention to itself and work will with the natural colors in the brick.

Painting the horizontal band, the fascias and the window in a soft off white would really make the house come to life by lightening everything up. It's pretty glum now.
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 2:11PM
Jayme H.
I think it would look great..tried to find a pic like your home, sorry this isn't just like yours, but gives an idea
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 2:55PM
baggie2
Thanks for the recommendations. I looked at some older pictures of our house and the peak was a creme, as was the entry-except for the door. Not sure why I wanted the peak dark, but I have never liked the architectural detail so maybe I thought it would not be so obvious. Maybe I was just on a quest to not look like the other brick houses in our area which all have white or cream trim. I am thinking of Market Square Tavern Shell and Market Square Tavern Gray. Much better than the "battleship gray". : ). It does look gloomy now that you mention it! Thanks for the help.
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 1:46PM
tv over fireplace
Is it ok to put a 65" tv over my fireplace/mantel when...
master rooom
i want to adjust bed room, bathroom, dressing rooom,...
How to light this dining room?
When I look on Houzz at Dining Room lighting, very...
Help Window treatment for large expanse of door/window area
I have a very large expanse of doors and windows that...
master rooom