Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adelsteindesign

Is this colored glass or just the natural color of glass in a white bath?

Frameless Shower Enclosures · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    ATM Mirror and Glass
    11 years ago
    The glass that is used in this enclosure is a low iron glass- which does have a reduced iron content (and as a result, less "green" than traditional "clear glass"). The glass is required to contain some iron in order to still be temperable (which is required by code to make the glass safety glass). Due to the fact that this bathroom features so much white, the iron content in the glass is more apparent. If this enclosure had been fabricated using standard clear, the green would be much more obvious, with the joint of glass and edge of glass being deep emerald green (nearly black).
  • PRO
    Adel Stein Design Team
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Ah-ha! That is what I had suspected. This is without a doubt, one of the most beautiful frameless enclosures I have seen. I'm not a huge fan of so much white, but with the dramatic presence of the enclosure, it is likable. Do you have other photos of this space?
  • PRO
    ATM Mirror and Glass
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much for the compliment. The hardware is from Australia and is just spectacular with the space. Unfortunately, this is the only photo I have (it was client submitted). We had done this last year, I will try to reach out to the client and see if they have any other photos available.
  • PRO
    Innovate Building Solutions
    9 years ago
    Very sleek - nice design ATM Mirror!