What's on the ceiling?
February 22, 2013 in Photo Questions
I really like the ceiling. Can you tell me more?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Scott Gilbride/Architect Inc.
corrugated metal panels - rusted weathered finish...
February 22, 2013 at 2:54pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Great looking. Where can I get them?
February 22, 2013 at 8:02pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Scott Gilbride/Architect Inc.
the corrugated panels can be sourced new from a steel supply or roofing supply company. Also, you can find reclaimed panels from salvage yards or other sources which may already have the weathered finish in place. the rusted finish is an art to create by skilled practitioners, involves acid, etc. - not recommended for first timers.
February 23, 2013 at 11:31am     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
So weird. People in the Caribbean who can't afford proper roofs or fences use these. I can't believe I'm seeing them in an upper class home as a decorating aesthetic. Go figure.
June 2, 2013 at 2:58pm   
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Chairs for Dining Table
Hi, I am thinking of getting this table from Restoration...
Daughter's Studio Apartment
My daughter is going through a divorce and will be...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
How to modernize?
This might be impossible! I've finished redecorating/redoing...
Countertop and backsplash
I need help choosing a countertop and backsplash. I...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™