Help with exterior colors
veramae
February 22, 2013 in Other
We have rebuilt 2 homes but now we are building our very own from scratch. In my minds eye I have always wanted a red brick, mingled with black & gray. The contrasting stone would be black with specks of mica in it and veins of creamy white running through it. I have found both products. The stone would be used in venerating the front wall of the front porch and around the front door that would be a red that blended with the brick. That same color of stone, but now flag stone, would be used on the floor of the front porch, steps, and sidewalk, all the way to the driveway. This house is fully handicapped accessible, ranch style, and appx. 3795 sq. ft. My problem is that I have not seen a house in that color scheme. Can you help me? If you have pictures of some houses that sound like that, could you forward them to me? If these colors are bad choices, would you be so kind as to give me some better options. I will say that we are building this in the middle of a hay farm. Because of that I was thinking that if I went with neutral stone and brick, it just would not stand out at all.
Ironwood Builders
Posting photos of your selections and moving your post to design dilemma will get you more response! Browse the exterior photos on Houzz. Refine your search with keywords. Hope this helps!
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 8:25AM
Need advice for door color
I am wanting to add some color to the front of my house....
Old tile is discontinued.
I'm extending the lanai but can't find the same tile....
Wood Living Room Floor Lamp
This leggy lovely will let you see your decor in a...
Entrance hall / staircase wall help needef
This is the view of the hallway from my front door...