Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_3364842

The many details

User
11 years ago
I adore the "conscious clutter" of this space! It must be an art. Everytime I attempt it, either the OCD gets the best of me or everything just looks messy! Do you have any tips on how to achieve this overall effect?
Den · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    The Cavender Diary
    11 years ago
    Thanks, Everything big in the room is pretty neutral...tan and brown. Even the glass coffee table is weightless. All the red is layered in small even amounts. The art is BIG to draw attention to it. But the grouping on the mantle is ballanced by 3 different sizes.

So glad you like our "cluttered" style. Check my website for me tips.....Thecavenderdiary.com
  • User
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Oh I do! And I hope I'm not offending with the word clutter. It's gorgeous. But homey. Like it has love in it. We are looking at purchasing a MCM home in the Dallas area. I like MCM but don't have much of it, and probably won't spend much money on new pieces. But really, I want this vintage modern effect, not a museum to a single period. I love looking at your space for ideas on how to achieve that with fluidity.
  • PRO
    The Cavender Diary
    11 years ago
    So glad that you do. I like a mix too. Our house is just a 70's ranch...but we wanted it to have personality. That's where all the "Texas-ish" elements came in, Just use what you truly like and it will always look correct.
    And no, cluttered doesn't bother me...I own stuff, like most normal people do.
  • abbyanne
    11 years ago
    I'm in love! Where is the large Indian print from?
  • PRO
    The Cavender Diary
    11 years ago
    Our Edward Curtis Indian is printed on a scrim, I stretched him over a canvas covered frame. We got him at Ikea about 5 years ago. Wish I had bought a dozen, I could have sold them all by now.