what to do with the walls
Joanne H
I have ship lap walls in my bedroom in a 60 yr old house. I want to stay with the plank look. But need help with a color, or/and texture. I want a country feel. These are pics of my bedroom suite (in another room at present)
Joanne H
OK i have drywalled 2 walls that in my opinion were not salvagable, and am leaving the wood natural on the other 2, The qeustion of the day is what color would go well with this furniture, and plain wood walls ? leaning towards a, oh heck i don't know changed my mind just looking at the pic again. HELP
February 25, 2013 at 7:37AM   
violinist3713
You could paint the planks white or maybe even a light blue color. That really has that country feel to it.
February 25, 2013 at 7:40AM   
Joanne H
I have been tossing the idea of bright white on the drywall, and maybe a washed look on the planks..I geuss if i go white on the drywall, I can be changed easily enough, thanks
February 25, 2013 at 7:44AM   
Living Vintage
Joanne, we built a mudroom, with plank walls, and painted all of them a very light blue, Sherwin Williams color, SW6217 called "Topsail". If you want to see the room before and after the paint, see: http://livingvintageco.com/2013/01/we-built-a-mudroom/.
February 25, 2013 at 8:01AM     
Keitha
I do not recommend painting your drywall white unless you are going to paint the planks also. If you want to leave the 2 walls natural wood I suggest painting the other walls a color that has a warm rich hue to blend with the wood tones so that the entire room does not seem disjointed!!! This would set the tone for adding richness to the room thru texture and color in your bedding and accessories. I am posting some ideas to help.
February 25, 2013 at 8:09AM     
Love my table but....
LOVE my table but I am redoing our floors in a house...
What do I need to do with this space?
Just got the Farm House table, bench, and hutch for...
Granite for kitchen
I need help with choosing granite with black kitchen...
Brick bungalow begging for a worthy colour scheme.
As you can see from my attached photo, I have a redish...