Should I spray paint the wood furniture? Thinking of a burnt orange for the table. Anything else I need? Sugge
sharonstenny
Some photos look a little dark, but a little overcast today. Love colour and thinking of adding another colour. Looked at my colour wheel and like a burnt orange or a purple for a few cushions/throw, but then thought about painting the furniture. Hate the wood furniture but can't change right now, so trying to think outside the box.
collettec
I really like the grayish green color on the one accent wall and think it would look good throughout the room in a lighter shade. I think orange would work well as an accent color for pillows and other decor and would change out the lampshade to something like a drum shade to update it. I would edit the photo gallery above the table to fewer pieces and more uniform size and frames to create a more cohesive look. I like the color of your wood pieces and think they work well with your flooring as well. I think painting them a light color might contrast too much with the dark sofas. Good luck!
February 23, 2013 at 7:11PM     
kathleen MK
I love the pottery on the coffee table! Save pops of orange for small things like flowers or pillows. Painting the tables would make them jump out .
February 23, 2013 at 7:33PM   
Robin
I too like the color of your wood tables. My suggestion would be a larger area rug. One that goes fully under both sofas, therefore would also be under that end table that seems a little lost on the same color wood floors. With your lovely black leather pieces you could add your orange with some print thro pillows.
The collage of photos is overpowering the dining room wall. Consider moving those out of the area and placing a large print or canvas art piece in colors that pull from your sitting area.
February 23, 2013 at 7:35PM   
Terri Loney
I like orange an purple as accent colors for pillows but maybe try stripping coffee table then refinished it with a different stain. Cheapest an best change would be color on walls!
February 23, 2013 at 7:44PM   
rickster88
I too like the greenish grey accent wall. It matches the vase very well (by the way you don't need a table cloth under the vase - it looks so dated).
The other things is to change the lamp and the clock and maybe bring in a coloured rug
February 23, 2013 at 7:45PM   
Lkristine
Yes, I would paint it, white of slightly off white....if you can, paint the walls too, then add decorative pillows to balance the color and the business of the wall collage. http://www.etsy.com/listing/114823177/decorative-pillow-cover-contemporary?ref=sr_gallery_34&ga_search_query=+green+and+orange+decorative+pillow&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=10&ga_search_type=all
February 23, 2013 at 7:49PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
I wouldn't paint the wood furniture orange but would consider painting all the tables but the tops a creamy white and the dining table the same way then paint all the chairs too. Leave the bookcase till you see if that has made you happy. You could always paint it out later. I think that would lighten up the space. I would go with the orange accent in pillows and accessories. And consider adding Aqua to the mix that's what your vase looks like on the coffee table. l wouldn't use purple with the hunter green sofa's. It would look to dated. I think the lamp is too formal & traditional. And to small. I would go more contemporary/modern with your lamps and accessories in larger scales. I like the photo wall and you have kept the grouping edge all lined up so it looks nice. I would hang the art in the dining room vertically to add height. It would be great if you could recover the cornices in a cream that matches the drapes with Orange , Aqua and the green from the wall in the fabric in a stripe or a flame stitch to tie all the colors together. And have a couple of pillows made from the same fabric that you could add to the sofa to marry all the colors together.
February 23, 2013 at 7:55PM   
Kevin Retired Decorator
Himm I thought the sofa's looked green on my PC but if they were black I would paint all the tables as before but black instead but keep the rest of my ideas I stated before. Opps Kevin
February 23, 2013 at 7:59PM   
Best Kitchen Range?
If you could have any range you wanted, which would...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
drapes
How bad would drapes be that stopped right above a...
Kitchen Backsplash dilemma
I have Bianco Antico countertops, offwhite cabinets,...