What to do with these walls
choldraker
I have two large walls in my living area. It's a shared space for living and eating ( townhouse ). My husband pick the wall color (Franks fire, Martin Senour) what should I put on the walls? Several small frames or one large? I have a large bowl that I want to put above the table.
From what I can see you have some blue accents in that bowl. Whatever you do don't mirror what you do on one side with the other.

On one side - can you create a collection of blue plateware and hang this up by your dining table. It is a lovely slow growing hobby.

On the other side - place a large canvas which picks up on the browns and blues and perhaps a mirror in the same colour as your dining chairs to tie it in together.
February 24, 2013 at 5:06am   
carole
that is a beautifull color!!!art and a new rug and maybe change the diningchairs to white too!!this color just drained all the life out of your rug!like the contrast with the white and bleu,and for me to make this red work,you will need to use lots of contrast,dont go more red anywhere unless its framed in white,with bleu or black accents... it is not an easy startingpoint this bold red,is it on all the walls???
February 24, 2013 at 5:10am     
With a dramatic color like that I would place one large piece of art in each room that is in keeping with the scale of the space.

February 24, 2013 at 5:49am     
choldraker
Thanks. Carole, love the pictures you found. These gave me some inspiration. The plate has black, yellow and red. I put it up on the wall but now I don't like it. I'm going to try to find some more plates and wall decor to work around it.
I like the idea of a large canvas on the other side. I also have some family photos I wanted up. I might try turning a family photo into canvas.
February 24, 2013 at 3:05pm     
carole
think the plate will work once you get some others with it,on its own its not enough,with this color you will have to be bold/big i can see 2 lamp/shelve units,maybe put them next to the tv,now they seem a bit lost..and i just noticed you have a puppy,like my dog!!!;-)
February 24, 2013 at 3:19pm   
Weirdo kitchen layout - how do I open this up?
Hi there! I have yet another question - this one...
Interior paint dilemma
I have most of the common areas throughout my home...
Washing machine hook up box above counter top???
I am renovating my laundry room - actually my contractor...
Front Door and Sidelight Color Advice Needed
We just installed new siding (olive) and a front door....
Would you try temporary wallpaper?
Our office has been discussing the value of temporary...