Building our West TX Dream Home - Need Advice on Front Windows
Shelly Castille
February 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We're finally realizing our dream and building our home in West Texas. The front of the house faces east and a view of a small mountain range. I'm having trouble with the windows - solid glass, panes on the bottom only, full pane dividers (I don't know what you call them) . . . and how to arrange the windows - evenly spaced? Grouped? Only 2 large trapezoids on top? FYI, the front gable extends out over an 8 ft porch. Oh and the front will be brick, with a rustic look. Hoping for cedar posts. So, next question - white vinyl windows, or dark colored?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
happysunshine3
Shelly, if your going for a more rustic look I would do darker windows. It won't look like every other home. I would stick with evenly spaced windows to give symmetry. You could also incorporate some elderado stone maybe around the windows or doors that would give it texture and a special touch. good luck with your dream!
February 24, 2013 at 6:55AM   
PRO
JWinteriors
Whole wall of windows...but could you do a double front door to make a dramatic entrance? Can the bedroom windows be wider as well? Dont forget skylights.
February 24, 2013 at 7:03AM   
Shelly Castille
@JWinteriors - those windows on the right are in the garage. I realize that wider ones would probably look better, but budget wise, we may have to give up on that.
February 24, 2013 at 7:11AM   
More Discussions
What kind of couch would look good in this room?
I have tried to put 2 different couches in this room...
Maple medium color glazed kitchen cabinets in open floor paln
Remodeling one story 1959 ranch in Florida. Living...
Too cluttered?
I am at a stand still with this room. I don't know...
What kitchen style goes with octagon & red dot floor tiles?
We're buying this contemporary house built in the 80s...
What type of area rug should I use with a geometric pattern chair
I am changing my living room to incorporate more contemporary....
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™