Building our West TX Dream Home - Need Advice on Front Windows
Shelly Castille
We're finally realizing our dream and building our home in West Texas. The front of the house faces east and a view of a small mountain range. I'm having trouble with the windows - solid glass, panes on the bottom only, full pane dividers (I don't know what you call them) . . . and how to arrange the windows - evenly spaced? Grouped? Only 2 large trapezoids on top? FYI, the front gable extends out over an 8 ft porch. Oh and the front will be brick, with a rustic look. Hoping for cedar posts. So, next question - white vinyl windows, or dark colored?
happysunshine3
Shelly, if your going for a more rustic look I would do darker windows. It won't look like every other home. I would stick with evenly spaced windows to give symmetry. You could also incorporate some elderado stone maybe around the windows or doors that would give it texture and a special touch. good luck with your dream!
February 24, 2013 at 6:55AM   
JWinteriors
Whole wall of windows...but could you do a double front door to make a dramatic entrance? Can the bedroom windows be wider as well? Dont forget skylights.
February 24, 2013 at 7:03AM   
Shelly Castille
@JWinteriors - those windows on the right are in the garage. I realize that wider ones would probably look better, but budget wise, we may have to give up on that.
February 24, 2013 at 7:11AM   
What kind of couch would look good in this room?
I have tried to put 2 different couches in this room...
Maple medium color glazed kitchen cabinets in open floor paln
Remodeling one story 1959 ranch in Florida. Living...
Too cluttered?
I am at a stand still with this room. I don't know...
What kitchen style goes with octagon & red dot floor tiles?
We're buying this contemporary house built in the 80s...
What type of area rug should I use with a geometric pattern chair
I am changing my living room to incorporate more contemporary....