Need help with what to do with my windows?
llockridge
I was told by a designer to put matching shutters in these two side big windows that match the rest of my house. They are the hunter douglous ones same color as my trim. Then to do a solid color that matches my wall color over the patio door. Any suggestions if that sounds good?
JMittman Designs
Are you saying two different colors of shutters? Neutral on windows and a color on the doors?. Can you attach another photo--maybe with the shades open? The lighting makes it hard to see what the room looks like.
February 25, 2013 at 7:14AM   
llockridge
The light is so bright hard to take a pic

My designer said to do off white shutters in two big windows that match the rest of the house shutters. They are hunter douglous shutters. Then she said to do beige drapes over patio doors to blend into wall color which is also beige. Just want to make sure it would look ok as the shutters will cost me around 3000.00

To get a feel for the room it's all beige and the two blinds in there now are beige and drapes are beige with palm trees which I hate!
February 25, 2013 at 10:03AM   
JMittman Designs
How big are those windows? Yes, shutters are lots of $$$. Where do you plan to install the curtain rod? I would bring it up level with the windows.
February 26, 2013 at 7:47AM   
llockridge
Not sure how big windows r but they would cost 4000.00 to put shutters in I could bring rod up Forsure
February 26, 2013 at 8:25AM   
A Crew of Two
They can build shutters for patio doors. It is a huge expense. How do you feel about Roman shades?
February 26, 2013 at 8:34AM   
llockridge
I like roman Shades what color would I do the same color as my other shutters? Then what would I do to cover patio doors?
February 26, 2013 at 8:52AM   
A Crew of Two
Yes, match the color, you can do Romans on the patios doors as well. Then hang panels as high as you can (not sure of the window height) on either side of the big windows and this will make it look like one big wall of windows. Do the shades first and then choose your panels. You will need a bulky weight fabric though so they do not look flimsy for the window size- a twill or suede type fabric maybe? It is hard to see your room colors in the pics
February 26, 2013 at 8:59AM   
llockridge
The patio doors are sliding how would Romans work?

My room color is beige

So roman shades on windows in an off white and that what color for over the patio doors?
February 26, 2013 at 9:31AM   
A Crew of Two
shoot....i assumed they were hinged. Do you want them covered for privacy or light? I think you could mount them above the glass so they do not move when you slide the doors....yes? All the same color. What color is your furniture? Are you more contemporary, traditional, country? Formal? casual?
February 26, 2013 at 9:50AM   
llockridge
All my other shutters r a white so do windows and door in a white? I was told to do drapes over door a color that blends in with m wall and then the same white as my shutters for the windows

Need something over door for light!
February 26, 2013 at 10:13AM   
llockridge
My designer said transitional haha I like neverything
February 26, 2013 at 10:14AM   
llockridge
Furniture is beige and brown
February 26, 2013 at 10:15AM   
A Crew of Two
yes for those colors for the shades, but the curtains could have some texture to them, tone on tone- just don't do a big floral or geometric i like these, they add interest without being too busy or distracting
February 26, 2013 at 10:26AM   
JMittman Designs
I agree with your designer on the curtain panels. I think romans would just be in the way on a slider. Panels can easily be pushed open and not have to worry about cords etc. Looks like you could benefit from blackout lining so that the color of your curtains does not get washed out with the light shining through like they are now.
February 26, 2013 at 10:30AM   
llockridge
Perfect thanks everyone! Should I move curtain rod up to same height as windows? Do u guys have any ideas on my other pics for my fireplace it has to have a 65 inch tv on top of it?
February 26, 2013 at 10:34AM   
A Crew of Two
In defense of the romans...you can allow some light into the space without having to open them all the way
February 26, 2013 at 10:37AM   
JMittman Designs
kklinton--oh I agree--I love romans! I just don't think this is the right application for them. They would look great if they were french doors.
LLockridge--a 65" TV above the fireplace? How big is the fireplace? Where is the picture? Is there another posting?
February 26, 2013 at 10:43AM   
llockridge
Still doing Romans on the windows just drapes on sliding patio door
February 26, 2013 at 10:43AM   
llockridge
Here is the pic of my boring wall right now I hate it
February 26, 2013 at 10:44AM   
JMittman Designs
Where's the fireplace? And yes, I concur, the wall is boring. :)
February 26, 2013 at 2:26PM   
llockridge
Isn't one yet putting one in just not sure what to put in?
February 27, 2013 at 4:21AM   
Need help. What color do I want to paint my walls in my kitchen?
White cabinets (not sure yet whether we're going to...
Need help choosing whats best.! on my windows.
hi so I'm back now...needing advice on my windows....
Need help.... with what to do with window and light fixture
Need help.... with what to do with window and light...
Help picking shade of gray to incorporate retro green sofa.
I need help picking the right shade of gray to go with...
female home office
my office dimensions are 12.5by 7.5 , 9 foot ceilings-...
Corrugated Wainscotting - Love it or Hate it?
The walls in the corridor of my Californian bungalow...
Need help with living room
No built in bookcase around fireplace. This peice was...
Need help for my kitchen
Hi, we just bought a house,with terracotta floor, i...