Hanging drapes in new addition
Sandi
February 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We have a new addition that is in full sun. I need to block the sun at certain times of the day but do not want heavy drapes. We enjoy the open feel of the room. I like the trimwork on the header of the windows and do not want to cover that with drapes. What type of window treatments should I use and where do I place the rods? I tried the cordless shades but did not like the look. Considering grommet style panels either in brown tone or sage green. My preference is the green since we have asian walnut hardwood floors, brown leather sofa and chairs, and dark furniture. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Engrav's Decorating
Have you seen the Luminet or Silhouette from Hunter Douglas?
Shangri La from Comfortex or Designer Screen shades will allow you to see out all day long and take care of the heat and the glare. Your wood trim is beautiful and I think anything on a rod will diminish the look of your beautiful woodwork.
February 24, 2013 at 6:47PM     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Sandi
Thank you for the input. I had much rather not have any rods, but want the open look (nothing on the windows most of the time). I will check the items you recommend. Thanks again!
February 26, 2013 at 9:48AM   
More Discussions
what counter do you like more? darker or lighter?
monochrome kitchen w/ london grey ceaserstone and white...
tongue and groove ceiling in LR/Kitchen makes areas dark. HELP!
I have a medium tone tongue and groove ceiling in the...
Pet memorials in your yard?
We recently lost our pet cat. At the risk of bringing...
retired homeowner
We have a 1960's electric range with two ovens. Is...
Four chairs -- no sofa
I fell in love with the idea of four chairs grouped...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™