Would like your ideas for this room?
rosie39j
Reface fireplace? Maybe some planks and beams for ceiling?
semihugger1
Interesting thoughts! This wall is classic and personally I would hesitate to update it. The brass -yes- drapes and ceiling fan- yes- Personally LOVE the charecter of the wall.
February 24, 2013 at 4:45PM     
Great FP wall! If you're looking for a more rustic vibe, then change out the dentil moldings and mantel for rustic style ones and try a new finish on them and the cabinetry. Paint the brass with black heat proof paint and change the fan. if you're not taking your furnishings in the same direction, you may not care for the outcome. The window treatments and furniture need to go in the new direction too.
February 24, 2013 at 5:21PM   
Engrav's Decorating
I think you need more contrasts. Paint the brass and the bookshelves built into the fireplace wall. I would choose the color from the darkest brick on the wall. When I look at the windows I see the dark trim and so I would take down the white swags and add color there too. I like your light area rug against the darker wood floor because they contrast and complement each other. I agree the ceiling fan needs to be changed out.
February 24, 2013 at 6:05PM   
All 4 Show, LLC
Semihugger1 is right on point!! The fan, furnishings, and brass insert are only holding it back!!! What a great wall....
February 24, 2013 at 6:29PM     
Jayme H.
The fireplace surround could be updated, and maybe the mantle...Good bones in this room...Updated drapery..New light fixture..any plans to change accessories..lamps and tables/chair?
February 24, 2013 at 6:36PM   
The room is beautiful. I'd remove the drapery and add a fabulous chandelier and paint the brass FP screen a charcoal. Done.

February 24, 2013 at 6:41PM   
Kitchen help please
My kitchen cabinets were installed recently and I'm...
What Length should my Cornice Be?
My nursery window is 70.5 by 58.5, and I want full...
Not quite sure if I can use it as a Dining Area or Family room???
Please help me I need to know what furniture should...
Need feedback on Proposed Plan remodel
Hi We are finalizing our plans for a remodel of...