gtfoxxMay 16, 2011
If I am painting my living room walls orange, what color furniture and accessories should I use?
DeCocco Design
Orange is a beautiful color for the walls. It's a "hot" color, so you may want to cool it down with softer greens, camel, ivory and browns. To keep things lively, use it's complement of blue and trim with white. Gray and white is a great, up-to-date color scheme with orange.
    Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 4:14PM
bepsf
First thing - The way to easily achieve a cohesive appearance in your home isn't to select a paint color first then hope that you can find other things to work with it.

Begin with a patterned fabric for a chair, upholstered headboard, draperies or pillows - or from a beautiful rug that you love - then pull colors out of the pattern/rug for use on other pieces: Your sofa, pillows, bedding - and finally your specific wall color.
    Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 4:30PM
DeCocco Design
I completely agree with bepsf and always tell my clients that we'll chose the wall colors last as nothing is cheaper and easy to find than paint! But sometimes, just like when you find an amazing piece of fabric that inspires the entire room, you just want what you want--and I think gtfoxx wants orange walls. We all want to see pictures when you're done!
    Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 5:01PM
Shades of Brown
I want to paint my dining room walls a chocolate or...
dtp1102
Pergola
Is this a paint or stain on the pergola? What brand/color?...
kimbelk
In Dunwoody, GA, Action Septic Tank Service repaired...
Action Septic Tank Service
i need some help
It appears that floors have a great importance to the...
cleaningf
Favorite photo on Houzz?
What's your favorite photo you have found on Houzz?...
Jeannie Nguyen
Advice on window treatments
I have two large windows in a room with 12 foot ceilings....
jamiep120
living room walls light grey, have red chair and ottoman.
What color sofa do you suggest? Have white plantation...
beebsf