Need a accent colour
bbolyea
I am looking to paint my living room and was thinking on doing accent colour on my fireplace wall. Please help me, my furniture is navy blue leather.
victoriathibeau
I would match the cooler taupe of the larger blocks on the fireplace.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:03AM
Interiors International, Inc.
There are too many things against that wall. The color now is very weak. I would put the TV above the fireplace. Remove the other cabinets and remove the clutter of wall hangings. Paint the wall a actual color. It is hard to say what without seeing the rest of the room.
2 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:08AM
bbolyea
I can't put the tv over fp as my wall are plaster. I have a large 8' window on the left.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:38AM
EB Interiors
If the main wall color is staying, a deep navy might look nice as an accent wall. I would have said dark gray off your brick but your wall color not really working w gray.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:48AM
macrury
I agree with changing the color to the taupe found in the stone. Can you place your sofa & coffee table facing the fireplace? Remove the clutter on the mantle. You could keep the mirror over to the right, and perhaps add a bold colored vase for example to the left...another smaller one beside it. Move the wood cabinet to the wall where the sofa is. Big green plant on top. You could add two floating shelves on each side of the fireplace, same color as wall, get rid of TV stand, and put the TV on the shelf with some additional support. Does this help?
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:49AM
bbolyea
More photo's
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 7:50AM
Do you have two sofas or one and a chair? If the one peeking out of the corner in this pic is a chair, I'd angle it in the corner where you have the cabinet, and turn the sofa to face the FP/TV. I'd remove the mirror as it is only reflecting the ceiling - nothing beautiful or interesting - so a "no-no" in my book. Your area rug is too small, so plan on replacing it with one large enough for all the front legs of the sofa to sit on, with a bit showing on each end of the sofa front. I'd shop for one with the colors of your art in it and at least a foot or more wider than the sofa. No accent wall though; let the rug be your accent. Look for a less peachy neutral paint more in line with the stone FP colors or go for a creamy yellow base.Western Springs Living Room
Family Room Nantucket Summer Home Transitional Spaces
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 7:58AM
A darker accent wall with a hint of blue would be nice.
2 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 8:01AM
janishill
Dytecture nailed it. The deep gray-blue would be perfect!
2 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 8:07AM
4isablessing
Dytecture, how did you do that? what software did you use? that's amazing!!!
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 8:11AM
nikitasmom
I was going to suggest you mount the tv to the wall on a swing arm next to the fireplace to avoid the kitty corner look but darn that plaster. You have so many photos being used in your decor that it would be a great idea to create a focal point for them in one place. An idea for shelves and layouts http://www.coolphotoideas.com/blog/2008/9/22/photo-wall-display-made-easy.html
More ideas http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=photo+wall
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 8:24AM
bbolyea
I am trying to get out of the blues, hall is blue and I hate it. I need a punch. I have a couch/loveseat/chair. I just need this done already :(((((
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 8:27AM
If you're keeping the sunflowers, maybe you could use the yellow. BM's color of the year is Lemon Sorbet and yellow looks gorgeous with navy.
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 7:26AM
mjtop
I was thinking sort of an flat, slightly greyed espresso, like the hinges on the wood cabinet, and like the center of the sunflower. but that blue grey that Dytecture posted seems like it was meant for that wall. If you used a muted espresso, it might make all those other dark black brown cords and frames dissolve and make things visually more calm, while letting the sunny flower pop.
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 9:26AM
Need advice in choosing accent colours
Our kitchen cabinets are cream glossy laminate above...
yvettecaron6
Need help with accent colours for my living room
I have just purchased a beautiful tobacco brown, leather...
elaine454
Need a accent colour
I am looking to paint my living room and was thinking...
bbolyea
Need new paint colour to go with deep red accent wall
I made my husband paint a wall red last year and now...
mslyshome
Need help with colour and accents.
Just in a little dilemma with the colour for this room....
ntuna1
Bare wall
I am painting my bedroom a cream color and I have a...
carlamcguire
Solar Tubes
What is proper placement of solar tubes? In houzz...
747.2fra
Dysfunctional family room
This community was so helpful with my pantry dilemma...
Laurie
Need Ideas
I would like to get ideas for a glass block walk in...
fisherlady53
Need help for my kitchen...almond melamine and honey oak cupboards!
Hello, So I am finally getting around to doing something...
spitfirevc