Colour help in white kitchen
Tanya Mitchell
February 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
After a lot of research, it seems that all white kitchens have wood floors. I don't want tile simulated hardwood, and we def want tile in kitchen. This tile is the closest one I have found that I liked. It has beige hues to it but mainly grey. I'm worried it will look too cool once all on floor as I want the kitchen to be warm and inviting. Any advice?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
nzanios
It will be beautiful. I would not worry about not using wood. What will your backsplash be?
February 25, 2013 at 7:13am     
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I think it will look nice. You can bring in warmer colors with the back splash and paint.
February 25, 2013 at 7:14am     
Amy Stanley
Looks like your counters have a bit of beige in them too? Perhaps pick this color out of them in a deeper darker warm tone it will counter act the coolness of white, gray and shiny granite.- the wall color I was talking about to clarify, I love your floor choice!
February 25, 2013 at 7:15am     
nasafemme
There is a reason why so many white kitchens have hardwood floors. It's a practical, gorgeous and timeless look. Plus with your countertop selection (I assume the smaller rectangle is your granite choice), a wood floor would be fabulous! I used to have a tile floor and didn't like it. It is way too hard on the legs and feet if you do a lot of cooking.
February 25, 2013 at 7:20am   
PRO
Revamp Interior Design
It is a nice floor choice. If tile is what you desire in your kitchen you should go for it, you are the one who will be using it all the time. The color nicely complements the colors in the granite. IF you are concerned about it appearing too cool, add warmer hues into the backsplash. As mentioned, a beige tone would look lovely, but also dont be afraid to add color here. An accent color in backsplash tile is a wonderful way to add a pop of color to a space.
February 25, 2013 at 7:26am     
Tanya Mitchell
You so much for the comments they were very helpful. We are not going with hardwood in the kitchen because of all the horror stories we have heard with wear and tear. I am unsure of what backsplash to use. We are going to do a dark butcher block island countertop to warm the room up. I am not sure what black splash to use - any recommendations?
February 25, 2013 at 7:33am   
makawao96768
I would go with a tumbled stone in the warm and gray colors. If the granite has brown tones that will look good with the white cabinets too.
February 25, 2013 at 11:38am