need help with railings type & outdoor kitchen
cpsk
i am thinking about having steps built off the rear patio down to the pool & building an outdoor kitchen. i am not the original owner of the house so i dont know why steps werent built to begin with. my dilemmas are what type of railings & colour should i do? the existing railings were cream colour in iron & a custom job. the roof is brown not black. i like the look of the black railings & think it would tie in nicely with the whole black & white patio furniture colour theme but need some reassurance. also where should i put a small bar with grill , small kitchen sink, refrig. & tv. ? i had thought about starting steps off to farthest end in a L shape the having table & firepit incased around steps with bar underneath the patio. Not interested in a spiral staircase b/c too hard to carry stuff up & down from kitchen. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
I think a spiral staircase would look beautiful here. Just like this one... As far as where to put the grill, etc, would be where you "naturally" are comfortable when grilling now. I actually prefer having a portable grill where I can roll out of the way. Built-in kitchens take so much patio space and are really pricey. How about a wet bar/refrigerator and counter along the wall for your bar/buffet area? Then, with the money you save, you can buy quality patio furniture and make it more of an outdoor living space rather than an outdoor kitchen.

0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 11:25AM
Need help attaching a "Designers Image' outdoor porch railing post
Need help attaching a "Designers Image' outdoor porch...
Need help in determining what type of posts for outside railing.
Our new house has round columns on the lower floor...
Need help with my countertops for an outdoor kitchen
We live in Colorado and are trying to pick countertops...
need help with small outdoor kitchen on a roof deck
We would like to have a small kitchen on a roof deck...
Black Bar Pull - 10 inch centers
I have exhausted my google capabilities, so thought...
Help with furniture layout
My husband and I just moved into a new home, and we...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Help with kitchen
Buying a new house thinking we like dark cabinets but...
Trim rules
I really like my living room windows....only they have...