need help with railings type & outdoor kitchen
cpsk
February 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
i am thinking about having steps built off the rear patio down to the pool & building an outdoor kitchen. i am not the original owner of the house so i dont know why steps werent built to begin with. my dilemmas are what type of railings & colour should i do? the existing railings were cream colour in iron & a custom job. the roof is brown not black. i like the look of the black railings & think it would tie in nicely with the whole black & white patio furniture colour theme but need some reassurance. also where should i put a small bar with grill , small kitchen sink, refrig. & tv. ? i had thought about starting steps off to farthest end in a L shape the having table & firepit incased around steps with bar underneath the patio. Not interested in a spiral staircase b/c too hard to carry stuff up & down from kitchen. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
I think a spiral staircase would look beautiful here. Just like this one... As far as where to put the grill, etc, would be where you "naturally" are comfortable when grilling now. I actually prefer having a portable grill where I can roll out of the way. Built-in kitchens take so much patio space and are really pricey. How about a wet bar/refrigerator and counter along the wall for your bar/buffet area? Then, with the money you save, you can buy quality patio furniture and make it more of an outdoor living space rather than an outdoor kitchen.

0 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 11:25AM