Our small gallery kitchen need help pleasse
Karrie Gardner
What should we do? We can not make it wider due to barring walls behind the stove fridge and sink
Karrie Gardner
We are on a budget We have some ideas just dont know if they will work
February 25, 2013 at 2:26pm   
Karrie Gardner
here are some of the ideas we have
February 25, 2013 at 2:27pm   
Karrie Gardner
Will these work
February 25, 2013 at 2:28pm   
Karrie Gardner
Or these
February 25, 2013 at 2:30pm   
0825sam
What's in your budget to do? Appliances, cabinets? A counter depth fridge is always nice in a galley because its doesn't jut into the room.
February 25, 2013 at 2:43pm   
Karrie Gardner
About 3,000; the appliances we are going with black because we hate white and stainless steel is to costly; we want to sell the home this summer....Home Depot has great deals on appliances I love this gallery kitchen designs; though we do not know if they will work for our kitchen. Below are some images of the full bath off the kitchen...We have a total of 3 full baths in our house this one off the kitchen we wanted to take down the wall by the shower to open it up...We can't errrr; we are going to remove the toilet and put a cabinet there for storage..There is also a sink and huge closet..again those can not be moved or changed
February 25, 2013 at 3:27pm   
Karrie Gardner
here are more images of the bath off the kitchen and one of the dinning room that wall there is the one that we are going to cut back about half way and put in a fridge that is not as deep as the one that is there now
February 25, 2013 at 3:31pm   
K- if you cant remove or change wall dividing bath and kitchen then i advise you not take out toilet. Demo shower yourself and add bigger pantry there. A back space with a sink shower and storage will hurt your resale. In ur first post i misunderstood that you were going to gut it and incorporate it.

With 3k budget, you shouldn't waste $ on cabinets.

Bath isn't bad.

Please don't decide on appliances based on what u like if you are selling. With a galley like this, you need to add light to make it feel bigger. For your budget, use $ for nice WHITE appliances except the frig - leave yours. Instead, splurge on an industrial sprayer sink fixture, paint existing cabinets light blue, add a frosted glass french door to bathroom to bring in light, buy ikea butcherblock tops as they will echo the beige tile floor, look expensive and achieve the charming beach cottage look. Buy a new sink.
Put mdf cottage beadboard up for backsplash with glossy white paint. Buy a stainless range wall panel from ikea for stove wall.

Put beadboard up in bath to 6 ft high with flat stock trim across top edge. Add chrome / stainless robe hooks at 10" intervals to the flat stock trim across back wall. Change knobs in bath cabinet to stainless. Paint beadboard glossy white, take blue from cabinets and get one shade lighter to paint out walls above 6' and across ceiling. Hang a big chalkboard there with a shopping list displayed to stage it.

With a small budget, instead of widening entry, take door off pantry shelves opposite and paint them out blue inside/ stage later with baskets below and pretty white dish stacks above. If you take a wall out, it ripples and you have to replace floor. Your tile floor is good, consistent, no demo or patching is a good thing. If you think that is easy patch, cut back on other side instead- spend this on turning shower area to pantry shelves instead- move door there. Counter depth fridges are very expensive/ small storage.

New appliances, door, paint, tops, beadboard and butcherblock top materials described with demo, removal, minor finish carpentry and expert paint contractor for cabinets will total your 3k budget, but it will TOTALLY transform your kitchen. Depending on the colors in the rest of your house, select a pale aqua / spa blue and add spa blue pillows in living.
February 25, 2013 at 10:35pm     
Karrie Gardner
Thank you so very much for that very useful information!!! I am taking my notes from this information to a professional and having them help us with the shopping list. The rest of the house is all beach themed with soft blue and aqua colors that I have accented with light warm brown tones and greens. Our living set is a light beige. Again thank you...Ric and Karrie
February 26, 2013 at 5:53am   
Karrie Gardner
Okay went shopping this is what I have found
February 26, 2013 at 10:21am   
Karrie Gardner
and this
February 26, 2013 at 10:22am   
Karrie Gardner
These just ideas that we are playing with based on what was said
February 26, 2013 at 10:23am   
Karrie Gardner
more
February 26, 2013 at 10:24am   
Karrie Gardner
colors
February 26, 2013 at 10:24am   
K glad u felt this was helpful. Best of luck please post your progress for us! If u go for a formica top instead of higher end butcherblock wood then don't let them sell you the integrated 4" backsplash. That is the tell. Have a flat back and stick w full height beadboard up to uppers for high end look and do whole wall around window at sink. Good finds!!
February 26, 2013 at 2:22pm   
Karrie Gardner
Thank you on the butcher block we are going to install one next to the prep area of the kitchen; this is Fla there is a lot of moisture and mold so I have to take that into count..This is was built in the late 70s early 80s and it shows everywhere. That is why we are doing this
February 26, 2013 at 4:17pm   
Need help with our small Kitchen
I bought my first house on my own about a year 1/2...
Help w my small kitchen in our early 60's cape style home
I am planning to paint existing cabinets and put in...
Help us choose a granite color for our small white kitchen!
Here is a picture of our kitchen. We currently have...
Too monochromatic?
Up until two weeks ago our house was pink stucco. We...
Boxing in waste pipe
Here is my new en suite, all ready for sanitary ware...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...
I would like to put 4 chairs around a 52" coffee table.
I have a 10 x 12 rug in my living room and would like...