Please recommend how I can add to the curb appeal of my house. What color would you paint the trim and siding
eyeviv
February 25, 2013 in Photo Questions
Please recommend how I can add to the curb appeal of my house. What color would you paint the trim and siding for more interest?
kmbuckle
Your house looks amazing as it is. I would add a medium sized flowering tree in the grassed area to the left - assuming part of this is your property and not a neighbours. Something like a crabapple or a flowering dogwood would give a wonderful burst of colour in spring and would complement the design of your house.
0 Likes   February 14, 2014 at 1:05PM
acourtney
I agree, I think the color is fine for a traditional house, and I'd play up more color and texture in the yard. Dogwoods are wonderful and you have the space for one
0 Likes   February 18, 2014 at 9:48PM
Rina
I also like the house as it is. If you don't, perhaps you could research houses of the same kind that have colours you like. Hard to see whether it would work, but I'm thinking of a path from the front door to the edge of the lawn, flanked by two really nice traditional lamps, with small shrubs planted around them. This lamp is the sort of thing I mean -- it's from ebay.co.uk, but I imagine there's plenty of choice in the US, if that is where you are.

And yes, trees are a good idea -- but use faster-growing shrubs, too. :)
0 Likes   February 19, 2014 at 8:11AM
Rina
Oh crumbs, I've just seen that this was posted February last year, not February this year. Oh well. It's Houzz's new approach of posting additional dilemmas by theme on the side of the page instead of current ones. I hope you got the advice you wanted when you posted.
0 Likes   February 19, 2014 at 8:12AM
How Can I Add Curb Appeal? & What Color Should I paint a home?
I feel the outside of my home needs curb appeal. I'm...
How can I add curb appeal to my beloved MCM ranch house?
I'm living in the house I grew up in. The house is...
How do i add curb appeal to my house.
I just finished renovating my house and i want to sell...
How can I add curb appeal to this house??
This is a picture of a picture, please ignore my pen...
Sunroom/Living Room/Dining Room Furniture Re-do
I thought the wicker was a good idea, but....... 1)...
Cedar ceiling in nursery, help with wall color!?
We bought a beautiful home last year but the cedar...
Help please: painting over treated wood panels
We've just painted over the wood panels in our living...
Help choosing a front door color.
Due to my cancer diagnosis we had to move from our...