Need help with what to do with my kitchen
Chelsey Adams
February 25, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am trying to decide what to do with my kitchen. I need to re-do my hardwood floors and want new counter tops. I really want to update my cabinets and get new hardware. I love the white and gray colors. That part is not really in my budget but it seems like it would be pretty easy to do it.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Modern Age Designs, LLC
Can you post some more pictures from another angle of the kitchen. Is it open to the family room. For the floors you might want to go a bit darker to warm it up. For counter tops you can do caesarstone in quartz - I believe its called Nougat. and have a cream backsplash. Are you thinking of updating your appliances. Best time probably is around Thanksgiving time when there are good deals on them at Lowes and Home Depot. It probably will give you the breathing time money wise from when you do your floors counters and cupboards. You can have the lower cabinets the grey you like and the uppers can be white. Or you can have all white cabinets and light gray subway tile back splash or gray cabinets and white subway tile cabinets. If your cabinets are real wood - then either you could spray paint them professionally so the finish looks like new.

I hope it helps.
February 25, 2013 at 5:46pm   
Chelsey Adams
Yes, this is very helpful! It does open up to the left into a great room. I do like that Caesarstone in quartz. The cupboards are hickory and I would replace that backsplash. Appliances will come later, much... Have you ever seen or heard of anyone putting some interesting handles on the refrigerator door to spruce it up a bit? What is your opinion on sinks? I have hard water- stainless steel or granite?
February 25, 2013 at 8:36pm   
PRO
Modern Age Designs, LLC
Stainless steel
February 25, 2013 at 8:48pm   
jodylwhite16
Your floors look fine, paint your walls white, and if you like grey, paint your cabinets grey. Definitely get new Caesarstone counters. The backsplash is a must and needs to go pronto. There are so many new glass tiles that could be really cute. Hardware for sure and yes I agree with Chelsey, appliances can come later.
February 25, 2013 at 9:21pm