Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcheltrvel

Trying to define my design style, do you know what this is?

Rachel
11 years ago
I am moving to a new, much larger house and I want to change everything. My style has changed over the years and so I was asked a few weeks ago what my current house design style is and I can't seem to answer. I see different styles and like different ones so I am just not sure. I love Shabby Chic but it's not clean or neat enough for me. I love Country French but it feels too old for me sometimes. I love the movement in the arms and legs in the French styles. I love a fresh, Pottery Barn look but I also love Chandeliers and antiqued mirrors. I want clean, modern, fresh with some romance. I don't want anything to be too old and I want to keep everything pretty and elegant at the same time. My husband likes a rustic look so that adds another whole level to this. He just may get squeezed out of the loop, we will have to see. I beg for help to try and define my style so I can start shopping, I only have 2 1/2 months to go! Attached is a room I saw today in which I really love. What would you say the style of this room is? I also included a hallway style I like in the last picture. Thanks!

Comments (8)