Looking for wall color ideas
Cynthia White
Hi there, this is my first post here. I'm gutting two bathrooms. Here are photos of the tiles for one of them. Wall tile is actually more grey than it appears. Anyway it's grey/beige. Accent tiles are as shown: grey/white/silver/sort of gold. There will also be a grey pencil tile setting them off (not pictured). Floor is a dark grey/silver slate. It kind of looks like this: http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/BGT2438.jpg Toilet and sink and tub will be white. Counter will be teeny grey/silver/black glass/metal tiles. What do you suggest for a wall color? and accents? like towels/art/etc.
Lkristine
Baltic Gray, Benjamin Moore would look nice based on your pictures and description.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 6:36PM
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
MOST OF YOUR CHOICES SOUND VERY GOOD, HOWEVER I WOULD QUESTION YOUR CHOICE OF COUNTERTOPS, IT DOES NOT SEEM VERY PRACTICAL AND I THINK A SOLID STONE COUNTERTOP SIMILAR TO THE FLOOR STONE MIGHT BE A BETTER CHOICE. HAVEYOU THOUGHT ABOUT A VESSEL SINK WITH WALL MOUNTED FAUCETS.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 6:39PM
Cynthia White
Thanks for the comments. Lkristine, I have a fan deck from BMoore, but I don't have Baltic Gray in it (my swatches start with 2000). BMoore showed some similar colors so I get the idea--it's like a med. taupe/gray/beige. Thanks Pyramid. I quite like the idea of the tiny tiles. I've seen a few pictures like this one: http://www.builderonline.com/Images/1208prodCrossville_4_tcm10-90063.jpg that I think are spectacular. We are not fixing up this house with the intention to resell it, but just for ourselves. This sink won't get a lot of traffic or hard use, so I think some little tiles--expecially dark ones with dark grout--would be fine with us. I know the solid surfaces are great and trendy and sought after by other buyers, but I can't see spending 500-1000$ for 5 lineal feet of counter that will be home to 2 toothbrushes, period.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 8:29PM
Cancork Floor Inc.
You have all the "metalic" based glitz in the tiles, floor, counter top. The walls, it appears will be in the same demure colours as the floor/tile/counter top. That means you need to fill the "precious metals" with precious "stones". Towels/etc can be sophisticated with elegant gem-trim. Wall art can be anything from amazing B/W from "Breakfast At Tiffany's" to wonderful Parisian Art Nouveau! You also have the setting to Art Deco!

What ever you do, do it well and go BOLD yet sophisticated - think Joan Crawford! Tall, insanely intelligent, fiercely independent and with shoulder pads that made line backers cry! You have created a wonderful, tone on tone layered "Carte Blanche" in your bathroom. Time to have fun with the accessories! Because they are just that...accessories! Wonderful for the moment but "doomed" to be replaced with "more fabulous" sometime later! Enjoy the freedom!
    Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 11:42PM
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
I've used both tiles - not in the same room, but they are very nice.
I used General Paint Turbo and / or if that is too dark for your bathroom use General Paint-Womb.

Nice warm neutral gray.

Your accent colour can be pretty much anything under the sun - with such silvery grays - any accent colour goes. You only need your imagination and to experiment with various towels and/or fresh flower arrangements to find your inspiration. Good luck with your project!
    Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 11:47PM
Cynthia White
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm inclined to go with Marie Hebson's Interiors' warm neutral gray, and Cancork Floor's bold jewel colors. In fact, one of the most beautiful and memorable design schemes I ever saw--which didn't occur to me until just now--was a living and dining room that was totally neutral medium grey and a little silver. All different textures and tones and shades, but all grey EXCEPT for the accents. Bold colored art, pillows, etc. It was really magnificent. Never have seen anything like it before or since. THANKS
    Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 7:52PM
Looking for wall color ideas to matches flooring
What color walls would look nice with these floor?...
ppierce34
Help! I need ideas on color and furniture to create a cohesive look.
So,..after little thought, my husband and I ripped...
Patricia Skelly
Looking for ideas for my bare walls.....
I have a long wall between the living room and the...
Lisa Resseguie
Please help me in choosing a kitchen vent hood
My home is an old 1960's single story building - which...
chi s
Balancing out decor/investing in new furniture.
Hello. First i would like to apologize for the blurry...
Michael Gauthier
Re- finishing floors . What color finish would look best?
We are having the entire first floor re- finished and...
floreslj
Something is off with this kitchen renovation... HELP!?
So we gutted our kitchen about a year and a half ago...
jennamsw
Area rug, does it work?
Just purchased this area rug 8x11 and trying to decide...
criticalaoa