Love this kitchen! Could i ask the cabinet height without the added soffet and crown! Thank you.
jackkate2
February 26, 2013 in Photo Questions
Fiorella Design
8'
0 Likes   March 21, 2013 at 9:23PM
iwasthinking
He wants to know the height of the cabs, not the top of the cabs. So are they 30", 36"..? That soffit is way too big. Should be taller cabs, or live with a space at the top. Again, for me, that soffit kills what is otherwise nice cabinetry..
0 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:06PM
Fiorella Design
Who are you? About 150,000 other people love this kitchen... No one wants space above their cabinets to collect dust. and when you have very high ceilings the uppers won't be usable if they go all the way up, plus it's very expensive. The double crown make this look luxurious and most of all the client loved it.
the standard height for an upper cabinet above a counter top is 18". So you can do the math.
5 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:23PM
iwasthinking
Who am I? Apparently not one of the"150,000 lovers". I said I like the cabinetry, but clearly the soffit is too, insert your own descripiton here -- [big, high, large, weighty, over-sized...] And the double crown is not the solution -- too fussy.
Go with the taller cabs (and a smaller soffit) -- of course the top of the taller cabs are unusable -- but it looks better than 12" of plain board. Besides anyone who can afford a kitchen like that doesn't need to worry about seldom used crockery or china gets left up in the hinterlands of the top cabs. I am, of course, happy that your clients love it.
2 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 6:50PM
Fiorella Design
I don't mean to sound sassy, but I don't think its helpful to comment negatively. Every project, client, budget, existing conditions, etc, drive how a project gets created. Overall, I'd say it's an extremely successful kitchen, and full home remodel and I'm proud to have been the designer for it and the owners.
8 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 7:34PM
Bill Fry Construction - Wm. H. Fry Const. Co.
I've always thought that Houzz was a place to celebrate! It is too bad that we're seeing more and more negative comments in the community. The fact that seven Houzz writers have highlighted this kitchen in their featured ideabooks certainly gives a hearty two thumbs up for this kitchen! :) Rhoda
5 Likes   March 23, 2013 at 9:51PM
madisonridge
Beautiful Kitchen Design, we are actually using your design as our inspiration. (LOVE THE SOFFIT) What style of crown molding did you use? We are struggling to decide on the crown now. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 11:29PM
Paul D'Amico - Period Design
I would Love to cook in this kitchen I would even enjoy cleaning it with Opera playing in the background.
2 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 3:20AM
debbie19300
I think your design and materials are wonderful. I love your kitchen and have put it in my idea book. Thank you for our creativity.
Debbie
0 Likes   May 1, 2013 at 1:29AM
Jan Drobny
I like real comments even if they are negative as i am trying to decide to leave in my current soffit and just install new 30" ones or take it out and leave that 7" of empty space which isn't good for much or put in 36" cabinets or put in 24" and 12" cabinets.???
0 Likes   May 8, 2013 at 6:34PM
ART2ARCH, LLC
Should be cabinets with crown moulding & no soffit OR cabinet with no crown moulding with a soffit with crown moulding at ceiling... Not both.
0 Likes   May 21, 2013 at 12:07PM
ART2ARCH, LLC
If you wish to have double moldings, then a "crown" moulding goes at the top...like a crown on your head, but if you must use a moulding between cabinet & soffit, then a proportionately scaled chair rail, bullnose, etc, wall moulding would be better than 2 crowns a short distance apart vertically...just a thought.
0 Likes   May 23, 2013 at 7:58PM
Julie Stephenson
Personally I love this kitchen and the dramatic molding & soffit. I have to have a soffit to hide some venting and pipes and I don't want it all the way across the wall with the window. This picture gave me the idea to do a partial soffit and crown on either side for some great drama and glamour. Thank you Fiorella Design for posting your kitchen design.
1 Like   September 29, 2013 at 12:49AM
kareneliza
Question for Art2Arch: Your suggestion for a double crown moulding, chair rail or bullnose on top of cabinets interest me but I can't picture it. Do you have any pictures you could post that demonstrate your idea?
1 Like   March 23, 2014 at 11:48PM
how to repair cracked travertine on kitchen floor
Hairline cracks in travertine..on slab...can they be...
nbisland
kitchen backsplash help
We have white marble countertops with gray streaks....
Karin Kunstadt-Canipe
Basement playroom flooring
I would love some advice on basement flooring! We currently...
robynegreene
Need master bedroom furniture help!!
Hi there- we just upgraded to a king size mattress/...
brockwem
Help my wall!
I was given these framed images by my grandfather who...
dolphinbaby