Beauriful paint!
eideas
February 26, 2013 in Photo Questions
Would the Shoji white work in a bedroom with indirect light mostly from east and a little from south? I am having problems with paint looking green. Have tried 9 colors in off white, creamy beige to light golden range and want to achieve the color you have without any green undertones. Our carpet is more of a pale golden wheat beige with yellow/orange undertones and it clashes with the green. Would the metallic glaze deflect the undertones.Thanks so much for your help!
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
The metallic glaze comes in lots of colors. I don;t think Shoji white leans toward green at all. I would paint the walls white and then play with the glaze. Get some sample sizes and pint a little glaze to see what color you really like. Then you can repaint the test spots white after you figure out the right glaze color. Remember that the glaze is the color you will see - not the color under. If the light in your room tends to make colors read green, pick a glaze that reads red before you put it on. That will neutralize the tendency toward green.
February 26, 2013 at 7:36pm     
eideas
Thank you so much for your help! What sheen of white paint should I use? What color glaze that reads red do you suggest? Do you just paint the metallic glaze on or do you do a faux technique? My walls are a standard knock down texture is that ok. I would like to buy the samples before the weekend. I have the shoji white sample card and it reads a very light grey. I truly want to achieve the exact color you have. I live in a small town in southern oregon and the paint people do not even know about undertone problems. I love your gold drapes also. Thank you for your suggestions!
February 27, 2013 at 7:12am   
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
We used eggshell finish for the shoji white. I can't remember the glaze color, but it was a stock color. I think it was Antique White Metallic. I believe it's just painted with brush strokes going in different directions. The Metallic paint card tells you to use a different under color, but we used what we were already using in the rest of the house.
February 27, 2013 at 7:22am      Thanked by eideas
What size rug should be used under dining room table?
I am looking for a rug to put under a table that is...
Painting It Red Do I Have To Strip it?
I want to paint this white cabinet red like the one...
Color scheme dilemma in living room. Please help.
Please help me with a cozy design idea, color scheme...
Landscaping raised house
Hi I am building a new house on a sloping piece of...
Time to paint Rosecottage kitchen
The white wall primer has been on for a year now since...