Fireplace Help
Sara Mayman
How would you update this brick wall fireplace?
Color works with your rug and floor
You could paint it out your wall color or wash it but I wouldn't reface. It is classic and beautiful and real. I'd have other priorities / redo the floor before I did anything other than wash it so some of the warm still came through. Maybe just try art and sculpture. http://www.homedecorators.com/detail.php?parentid=10040&search=10040&suggest=11&sItem=12883
on right hung at mid point
then a portrait large canvas with your brights - preferably modern, on the left.
February 26, 2013 at 8:53pm   
rouxb
What style is your home and why do you think it needs changing-do you not like it?
February 26, 2013 at 11:23pm   
Winward Designs
Adding a large white mantle (color would match your window frame) on the red brick fireplace would look great. If you changed the main colors of the room decor to focus the attention on the fireplace, it would look amazing. We feel a more modern decor concept would fit well. Focus on a color scheme that is in the white tones, white wood floors, white canvas coverslip for your sofa, etc would make the entire room pop. Then add pops is color with accents like flowers, decor accessories, etc. we think the fireplace looks great and has a lot of potential.
February 26, 2013 at 11:34pm   
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
bar cabinet
Hi, I have this bar cabinet I love but I'm not sure...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
A see-through bath: too bold or just right?
I've seen this on other websites, but it's the first...