Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tashacross3

I really want leopard print bedding in my room and chair in the corner I have no idea. How to do the walls to

tashacross3
11 years ago
No photo

Comments (9)

• tashacross3
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I do not want it looking tacky tho
  • tashacross3
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Very keen on the art and the bedding it's more the walls I'm unsure of how to do
  • PRO
    Angelina Vick
    11 years ago
    Do you have any pics of the space? Or a diagram? It's hard to give ideas without seeing the room.

If you like yellow...you could match the shade of yellow to your bed set, it would give the room a very light and air feeling. Or if you want a darker, a more sophisticated look would be a mid shade of brown.
  • PRO
    Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Hi tashacross3, Marie here.

If you love leopard - then bring in Leopard. If you don't want to be tacky - then be more refined with your use of the leopard print.

My idea of tacky is when you plaster a print, or picture of something you love everywhere so your eyes can't get away from that particular love. It's like shoving a pie in your face whether you like it or not!

Be tasteful, introduce a small portion of the leopard print, and get a fabric that really feels like leopard or is a gorgeous rendition of it.

My advice, stay away from the packages and find that really cool, unique piece or an area rug, or ottoman with your leopard print on it. Add white sculptures of leopards in the room, or a leopard lamp - be different - be true to your love of this pattern and have it reflect your specific tastes.

Good luck with your project - I've attached a photo of a zebra rug - one of the only animal prints I've used in my designs - which I hope will inspire you to be tactful and use restraint.
  • tashacross3
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you guys it a house we have just bought so will Put a picture up of the room tonight and want a darker I was thinking black I want a mood to be set it the room
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11 years ago
    First person that comes to mind for design is Versace - you need to look at the more flamboyant designers who have dared to play with cheetah and colour. This was one of the rooms in Versace's Miami house - he used deep reds, gold and cheetah (a little OTT on the panels). I am not suggesting you follow his path - but if you strip it down to the basics, the warm colours of leopard or cheetah print with deep red and gold can be super elegant. I agree with Marie though, this combination is like a powerful motorbike that you need to control very strictly if you are not going to crash and burn!!
    All the best for your project
  • Kevin Retired Decorator
    11 years ago
    I think your wanting a Lux look for your bedroom. The key to leopard print would be using rich colors with it and just a chair and some pillows on the bed and maybe a throw all the same leopard print. Then stop. Reds,Golds ,Turquoise & Deep Purple work as will Black/Ebony of course should be used along with one of the colors. Try using tone on tones instead of solids with Ikats , damask or stripes all in the same color to give that look of glamor. Use gold metallic accessories for lamps & picture frames etc. Large over scaled live or silk plants. A Mirrored Trays with perfumes & jewelry on a dresser. Dressed up layers of non transparent drapes hung higher & wider than the windows give the room more of a grander look too. Along with a ornate gold mirror on the wall. I hope this helps . I could help you more with pics. Kevin