Help on exterior paint!
chongosh
February 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hello all!

I just had the exterior of my home redone after a hail storm with the new roof and shake shingles you see in the pictures. I am wanting to repaint the front door, front porch spindles and polls, and garage door as well as get new light fixtures. I need some ideas because the color of the house/roof/shutters are so specific. Please give ideas if you've seen this style house, colors, or ideas! Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cath VanAxen
My roof is that color and I think I'm going with pale yellow on the siding, bright white trim and garage door, medium brown shutters and a brighter color on the door, maybe burgandy for a pop of color.
February 27, 2013 at 1:55PM   
calidesign
I would paint the garage door the same color as your siding on the house, so it blends in. I would also use the shutter color on the porch supports and spindles. Then find a brighter or lighter contrasting color you like, to paint the door and sidelight area, so it appears wider, brighter, and more welcoming.
February 27, 2013 at 2:06PM   
PRO
Sherry Payne
hello! I would first ask how are you with a bold color? The existing color pallet is similar color family. I think a deep green or pale green, you could do a plum, or a cranberry. That would all depend on your fear or non fear or color. I hope this helps you. look to nature for inspiration since you are starting with a neutral scheme.
February 27, 2013 at 2:16PM   
More Discussions
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...
1925 Dark Wood Trim: To Keep or Not to Keep?
So we are buying a home, and usually design comes very...
Love my table but....
LOVE my table but I am redoing our floors in a house...
wood trim and doors or white?
I have wood trim and doors in my house. i want to change...
Help!!! Biscuit or white fixtures in bathrooms.
Is using biscuit out. Should I stick with white? ...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™