Help on exterior paint!
chongosh
Hello all!

I just had the exterior of my home redone after a hail storm with the new roof and shake shingles you see in the pictures. I am wanting to repaint the front door, front porch spindles and polls, and garage door as well as get new light fixtures. I need some ideas because the color of the house/roof/shutters are so specific. Please give ideas if you've seen this style house, colors, or ideas! Thanks!
Cath VanAxen
My roof is that color and I think I'm going with pale yellow on the siding, bright white trim and garage door, medium brown shutters and a brighter color on the door, maybe burgandy for a pop of color.
February 27, 2013 at 1:55PM   
calidesign
I would paint the garage door the same color as your siding on the house, so it blends in. I would also use the shutter color on the porch supports and spindles. Then find a brighter or lighter contrasting color you like, to paint the door and sidelight area, so it appears wider, brighter, and more welcoming.
February 27, 2013 at 2:06PM   
Sherry Payne
hello! I would first ask how are you with a bold color? The existing color pallet is similar color family. I think a deep green or pale green, you could do a plum, or a cranberry. That would all depend on your fear or non fear or color. I hope this helps you. look to nature for inspiration since you are starting with a neutral scheme.
February 27, 2013 at 2:16PM   
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...
1925 Dark Wood Trim: To Keep or Not to Keep?
So we are buying a home, and usually design comes very...
Love my table but....
LOVE my table but I am redoing our floors in a house...
wood trim and doors or white?
I have wood trim and doors in my house. i want to change...
Help!!! Biscuit or white fixtures in bathrooms.
Is using biscuit out. Should I stick with white? ...