Dresser in Hallway - Ideas for traditional/countrystyle accessories
oldstyle1
I have attached a picture of a dresser which we have placed in our hallway. I am looking for some good ideas to accessorise it keeping it traditional/countrystyle as we live on a farm.

I was thinking of some photo's mainly black and white maybe. I don't want to over clutter it but spend on some quality pieces. I would appreciate some advice please and some places where I could purchase this online.

Thanks
Maria
A Crew of Two
Are you looking to finish the piece or leave the wood as is? Consider painting the back of the cabinet an accent color....maybe green or red? Is this off a kitchen or living room....what room is it closest to? The reason I ask is if it is close to the kitchen the obvious accessories are plates etc. A wooden bowl with either pine cones or wooden fruit, lemons? pears? Any pics you put on the shelf would have to be small, so I am not sure of the impact they would have. It would be cool to use a panoramic pic and hang at the back of the shelves. What about a picture of the farm? Antiques repurposed- these spools could be painted fun colors.
   February 28, 2013 at 7:10AM
wmpj
I'm in agreement with kklinton's idea of painting the back of the cabinet. Black would look good too. You may want to consider applying tongue oil or wax to it to protect it if you're going to leave it natural looking.
   February 28, 2013 at 7:16AM
Interiors International, Inc.
I would not buy things from typical on-line stores. I would search Ebay and Etsy to find one of a kind pieces. I would also scourer antique stores.
   February 28, 2013 at 7:17AM
Tarey Cullen
The hall appears to be the entry. so the dresser will be used as a landing for car keys and mail, etc.
a nice looking craft container for holding these will be utilitarian.
It looks like there are glass doors on the upper unit. Adding interior light could be interesting and replacing the( movable?)middle shelf with glass shelf would allow the light to illuminate the entire section. Most important what are your hobbies, interests? - the deco should come from these personal interests.
   February 28, 2013 at 7:43AM
Here is a more traditional example.

February 28, 2013 at 7:46AM
michigammemom
Your hutch and wall color are very neutral, so I would suggest colorful items that will get noticed. Don't overspend on accessories; look for vintage items that you can switch out seasonally...a collection of birdhouses, spongeware bowls, a collection of plates, baskets. Do a houzz search for "country hutch" for inspiration to create an attractive, uncluttered display.
   February 28, 2013 at 7:47AM
Need help, wasted space!
Our front door opens into a large open area. Originally...
What do you use to wash your windows and how often do you do it?
This has got to be one of my most dreaded chores, but...
flooring for kitchen
We are trying to decide about the flooring for our...
What would you change in this small kitchen?
We live in a 1200 sq ft house, so the kitchen is small....
Maximising fire pit design
We are currently renovating our home as well landscaping....