is this a wash of the existing darker panel stain? we have paneling in walnut stain like this and want a chang
Nancy DeBiaso-Gonzales
February 28, 2013 in Photo Questions
Debra Campbell Design
Sorry I'm not certain as the paneling was existing. It has an antique glaze. Very warm and lovely. Be sure to hire a very good faux painter and ask to see project work and get recommendations because it really is an art. Look at my Pebble Beach home kitchen. Those were white cabinets and my (wonderfully talented) faux painter antiqued and glazed them. This is a second home for my clients and it saved a lot of money refinishing vs. replacing the cabinets. Also make sur Peyroux ask for a strike sample to approve the new finish first. Make sure the strike off is done in a similar material.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 9:32AM
Nancy DeBiaso-Gonzales
Thanks so much Debra! A few folks have recommended I paint it all white or beige and that doesn't seem fair to the character of the wood to me... I feel it deserves much more! I truly appreciate your help. And I will check out the Pebble Beach kitchen because my cabinets desperately need a face lift!
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 10:19AM
Debra Campbell Design
If you send me photos of the paneling and the decor in the room I'll share my humble opinion .
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 6:02PM
Help tying room together
Any idea what I can add to my dining area to really...
Floor and wall colors for bathroom
I've a charred oak vanity but having a hard time figuring...
My long narrow entry hall
My entry is 15'x4'. And one long side is completely...
Kitchen cabinets and fireplace built ins - color scheme
Can anyone give advice on what color/wood tone to choose...