Canopy and room decorating ideas?
saraselvaggio
We just bought a new home and this bedroom set. I know I need window treatments. Interested in your suggestions forth canopy bed as well as this room.
rachealy
I love your canopy bed!! I like the colours of everything but it looks slightly boring in there, i think the best and only thing you need now is a floor rug, maybe with some blues and silvers in it!
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 5:54PM
Urban Ideas Inc.
Your furniture is a classic island/plantain style that you find a lot in the Caribbean hotels or Florida homes. However, your bedding is too contemporary. This way, i'd suggest simple white sheer for the bed canopy. Try to introduce some floral fabric as bed pillows and the same fabric should b used on your window treatment. Since you picked blue as your main colour, don't go for traditional Caribbean theme. It won't work out. Used more contemporary floral or bamboo design fabric with blue in it. Good luck, Laura
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 6:00PM
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Very pretty - you just need finishing touches - drapery panels, toss cushions a few key accessories, your bedside lamps are too petite for the bed, should be weightier.
Decide on a style (modern versus country versus traditional) And choose your inspiration point in a fabric that you love the colours, pattern and texture.

Then hire a drapery company or a good interior designer to help you finish this room off with proper drapery, art and toss cushions - or, you can try it yourself, find your inspiration fabric - and repost. I can help from there.
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 6:08PM
Keitha
Beautiful start. I agree with others that you just need some new sumptuous bedding, window treatments and a few accessories .
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 6:09PM
i particularly like the picture that Keitha posted with the dark brown walls. I would also move the bedside tables under the window, away from the bed and remove the pineapple finials from the posts, as they go over the moulding.
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 6:22PM
saraselvaggio
I do live in Florida and we have a view of our beautiful pool from my room. I like all your suggestions. I want to make something for the canopy and I can sew but not sure how to attemp this one.
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 4:19PM
tallyhill
REPLACE the clunky brown fan with a WHITE FLUSHMOUNT OR HUGGER style fan so that it doesn't compete with that GREAT bed! Too much brown up high...THIS designer loves a ceiling fan, so make it work, but don't make it compete with the key elements.

A cornerstone of British Colonial style, parchment colored paint and a white dove / taupe white trim will go a long way to featuring the wood in that delicious bed. The bed says Brit colony....so don't fight it. Good luck.
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 4:48PM
Urban Ideas Inc.
If you use the example posted by blunam in the exotic room, it will be easy to tackle on your own. Simple white gauze/linen sheers thrown on top of the bed upper structure and tied back on each post. A simple sewing project since it is 2 individual long panels ( just hem the edges) that overlap on top of the structure and have its ends tied back. Good luck, Laura
1 Like   March 1, 2013 at 4:49PM
tallyhill
OH! and lose the tall lamps, opting for some wall hung swing sconces tucked close to the bed posts --the bases even maybe hidden behind some bed hangings---so lamps don't fight for space with the windows. And as above, if the fan is not needed at all, then replace it with a very modest antique chandelier that is light on crystals.
0 Likes   March 1, 2013 at 4:53PM
saraselvaggio
Thank you Laura. I will try that.
1 Like   March 2, 2013 at 9:21AM
Jayme H.
I love this room
1 Like   March 2, 2013 at 9:29AM
Refrigerator in Pantry
I am in the process of designing a new home. The designer...
blue couch problems
These are the sofas i am purchasing my problem is I...
Best Dishwasher?
Have you tried different kinds or brands of dishwashers?...
Dining room dilemma What do I do?
What is this room missing? Do I keep buffet lamps?...