I have dark mahogany cabinets with dark counter tops in kitchen. I have light tan walls what color backsplash
bahamas29
February 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have dark mahogany with brown glaze cabinets in my kitchen with dark counter tops. What color back splash should I do?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
nasmijati
I think something in a medium tone would look best. Very light will be too much contrast and might look stark. You already have a lot of dark materials in the kitchen, so I would not choose a dark color.

What color is the flooring? You might be able to use that color two shades lighter for the backsplash.

The room as you describe it is all in tans and browns. Would you like to add some color to the kitchen? You could choose to paint the backsplash area with semigloss paint(s) to try out colors for a while before you commit to tile or some other more expensive option.

If you do not have under cabinet lighting, consider "warm" LED strip lighting that is dimmable.
February 28, 2013 at 7:32PM   
Manon Floreat
Though more of a wet bar than kitchen, this photo may give you some ideas. They installed a back splash that is similar to the wall color with some variation. Might be something to consider. Do you have photos of the space you can post?

I like eztia's method of trying out different colors with paint. Very clever!
February 28, 2013 at 7:46PM   
mollykahn
With that much dark, I would go light or do something reflective to lighten things up. Have fun. Glass tiles would be great.
February 28, 2013 at 7:53PM   
More Discussions
Help with Dining Room
I am trying to get my Dining Room finished. It is 12'...
Curtain Color Suggestions for new family room
I'd like to get feedback on curtain color for our nearly-completed...
Help! What color handrails, shutters, door and gutters??!!!
1979 duplex. Moved in recently. Really love the beach...
paint
hi I have a very smalll living room and would like...
TV location?
Am in the process of purchasing this home. It is small,...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™