Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoya_shaham

What should we do with our two floors high wall

Zoya Shaham
8 years ago
As you enter our modern style home you can see this high and impressing wall. We don't want to coat it with bricks or wood. But do want to make something impressing with it, as it's the first thing you see as you enter. Any suggestion what to put on?

Comments (28)

• visualizemaven
    8 years ago

Are you talking about the dark wall where the TV is ? Is that the impressive wall?

I don't understand the room - what is that area to the right of the TV ? Is that a box filled with sports equipment? What is that 1/2 wall with a railing and steps? Can you plz show more photos?

A comprehensive design plan for that entire wall is called for.

From what I can see in this photo, the side view of steps to the right of the TV in your living room is very odd indeed. Are you receptive to sheetrocking over that side of the steps? Close that lower part off with a wall will make sense and give you more usable space. The opening above will remain and is enhancing.

• happyleg
    8 years ago

Large art or metal art.

• Zoya Shaham
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Here is a site with some more photos of the house http://www.atias-arch.co.il/houses/yarchiv/yarchiv2.html
    As for the sports - temporary until we finish. Yes the TV wall.
  • Zoya Shaham
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I was thinking about a metal art. Any suggestions? Was trying to find on the web but couldn't.
  • groveraxle
    8 years ago

Long museum banners:

Getty Museum Banner - Jackson Pollock's Mural | The Getty Store · More Info
    Kuba cloth skirt. Some of these come up to 15' long or more:

Hamill Tribal Textiles · More Info

• visualizemaven
    8 years ago

I will look for some art for above the TV BUT I think things already look piece meal meaning there is no cohesive design. You need to start tying things together visually. The TV is floating, the TV cabinet is not connected visually to the TV. The two stair way openings stand alone, etc.

Consider painting the wall under the stair opening the same color as the TV wall - this will visually connect the two areas.

• visualizemaven
    8 years ago

I like this piece because it will really fill up the space and adds a much needed organic element to your room. Do you like it?

https://www.houzz.com/photos/yorba-linda-living-room-contemporary-living-room-orange-county-phvw-vp~1092336

• happyleg
    8 years ago

Here's these

• susan2494
    8 years ago

Please do not put a huge tall anything above the TV. Decorate your room at eye level.

• miacometlady
    8 years ago
    The first pic supports the notion, NOT to place art work sky high. Just not necessary. The second photo is interesting, I like the ceiling light fixture and unique shelving. The last pic is to inspire u to worry less about wall and think about storage and furniture. Good luck!
  • Zoya Shaham
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Visualizemaven - I loved the art piece. It definitely looks wow. I'll consider it
  • Zoya Shaham
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Happyleg - loved the blue clock - I was looking for Dali's big de formatted clock but didn't find any.
  • Zoya Shaham
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Miacometlady - no worries, enough storage place around the house. I liked the first photo but because of the TV that is going to have its own structure, which is going to be too high I think it's missing the point. I did like the last photo. With the lights.
  • groveraxle
    8 years ago

Something like this antique kilim at 12' long would probably look great on your wall. Be sure to measure and estimate how much space something will take to make sure it works proportionally.

W-8367. Malatya Kilim · More Info

http://marlamallett.com/w-8367.htm

• Rina
    8 years ago

This brass sculpture is 40" x 55". I think it's stunning.

http://www.artfurnitureontheweb.com/Accessories/Art/WallArt/BrassBirdWallSculpture.html

• visualizemaven
    8 years ago

I know the existing architecture demands that the TV and the sliding doors and the very unusual, and dare I say odd, side view of the stair wells in the living room are being accepted but........ I think they should be mitigated to bring some sort of balance to the main living area of the home.

• sheilaskb
    8 years ago

If you do not mind my referring to HGTV's "Wasted Spaces," I saw an episode in which a two-story high space was divided into a first floor and second floor to create another room. I should think two rooms of regular height would save on heating and cooling and would make maintenance much easier, to say nothing of having an extra room on the second floor.

• Susan Davis
    8 years ago

Three or four mirrors, without frames, mounted horizontally about 2/3 the width of the wall spaced equidistance between TV and ceiling. Draw it out on graph paper to see if you need three or four. Will lower the ceiling and add volume and add sparkle and light to the room.

Elle's House · More Info

• happyleg
    8 years ago

Pier 1 has the blue clocks.

• PRO
    Kitchen Cabinet Discounters
    8 years ago
    You need just a simple night club light that makes a ripple effect on a wall.
  • PRO
    SCATHAIN
    8 years ago

Shorecliff Residence · More Info

We recently filled a large space for a client with a handmade mirror. It is crafted in the Old World technique - glass pane, silvered and patinated - making it more a piece of art than a mirror.

• Zoya Shaham
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    SCATHAIN - it looks WOW!
  • PRO
    SCATHAIN
    8 years ago

If you have any questions regarding the technique or options available, do not hesitate to reach out.

You can also view some of our other mirrored projects HERE

• PRO
    Alvitra Hand Blown Glass Lighting
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Try glass wall art. We create customized hand blown wall sculptures. We can help you with a project. Here is a sample of our work.

www.alvitradesign.com

• PRO
    NuStair
    8 years ago

What an interesting element! I think you could get away with hanging and interesting tapestry or a large piece of art!

• Kristel Quintana
    6 years ago

Your room looks modern. How about this?

• happyleg
    6 years ago

old

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA